Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well I can't say I've ever

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Rooted for a US Olympian to lose before but Shani Davis has led me to make an exception.

I hope he loses gloriously.

What a whining, sore loser, race baiting disgrace. Shouldn't even be there.

For those of you out of the loop:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/02/08/sport/shani-davis-olympic-flag-bearer-trnd/index.html

The athletes vote for who gets to carry the opening flag were tied 4-4 so the committee flipped a coin to decide. It went to the other (white female) athlete. Shani then tweeted out that it was a "dishonorable coin toss" and implied that it should have been him but it wasn't because of racism by hashtagging #blackhistorymonth2018
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:21 PM
Replies (11-17):
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Feb. 9, 2018 at 6:26 PM

While I don't agree with him, I will not hope for him to lose. He has worked his behind off to get to that stage in his life and I hope he does well, just like every other athlete that has sacrificed so much to make it there. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 6:28 PM

Quoting mcginnisc:

While I don't agree with him, I will not hope for him to lose. He has worked his behind off to get to that stage in his life and I hope he does well, just like every other athlete that has sacrificed so much to make it there. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:55 PM
I will. All the other athletes he'll be going against worked hard also and they haven't disgraced their countries with self-centered bullshit. The medals should go to a deserving athlete who actually cares about about how he represents his country.

Quoting mcginnisc:

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Feb. 9, 2018 at 8:07 PM

I don't feel like he has disgraced the US at all. He is entitled to his feelings.. just like those that kneel for the anthem. They have their opinions, but that does not mean I will wish for them to fail or be injured. I would feel like a terrible person if I wanted that to happen. Medals should go to the deserving athlete that performs the best on that day which is what the Olympics are about. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I will. All the other athletes he'll be going against worked hard also and they haven't disgraced their countries with self-centered bullshit. The medals should go to a deserving athlete who actually cares about about how he represents his country.
Quoting mcginnisc:

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:06 PM
Mmmm ๐Ÿค” we'll have to agree to disagree. He can have a right to his opinion but he doesn't have a right to basically tweet out an accusation that he was treated unfairly because he's black. With zero proof of that whatsoever. I was an athlete all growing up and I was taught to win and lose with grace and humility. He didn't. And I hope he chokes on his slice of humble pie.

Quoting mcginnisc:

I don't feel like he has disgraced the US at all. He is entitled to his feelings.. just like those that kneel for the anthem. They have their opinions, but that does not mean I will wish for them to fail or be injured. I would feel like a terrible person if I wanted that to happen. Medals should go to the deserving athlete that performs the best on that day which is what the Olympics are about. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I will. All the other athletes he'll be going against worked hard also and they haven't disgraced their countries with self-centered bullshit. The medals should go to a deserving athlete who actually cares about about how he represents his country.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2018 at 5:47 PM
I agree. It was a coin toss. I have such distain for those who complain and claim unfair treatment in the name of race. Such people should be embarrassed by accusations of racism in cases like this.
Thank you OP for putting up the link for me. I totally didn't even hear about this.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Mmmm ๐Ÿค” we'll have to agree to disagree. He can have a right to his opinion but he doesn't have a right to basically tweet out an accusation that he was treated unfairly because he's black. With zero proof of that whatsoever. I was an athlete all growing up and I was taught to win and lose with grace and humility. He didn't. And I hope he chokes on his slice of humble pie.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 13, 2018 at 5:53 PM

He's a total moron.

He essentially blamed the COIN of being a racist.  A COIN.. THE COIN is racist because it chose the white woman.

Idiot

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)