Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Non family does not watch my kids

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
How is it that people don't understand that not everyone wants to find someone online or have just anyone watch their kids.

I have never in almost 19 years had someone who wasn't my direct family or an inlaw watch my kids.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:25 PM
Replies (31-37):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:01 PM

I understand why people feel the way they do about not having someone who is not family watch their kids.

However, the chances are far greater that a family member or close friend will hurt your child, then it is for someone who is not family. Just food for thought!

onethentwins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:01 PM

We had a neighborhood babysitting co-op. I made some great friends that way and so did my kids. They loved it and it didn't cost me a dime. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:02 PM
Even family members can abuse kids.
SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:03 PM
Well, there are other options besides family or "just anyone". I have friends and neighbors I can trust to watch my kids too. So that's probably why people have a hard time understanding.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:04 PM
Agree.
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:05 PM
I wouldn’t have asked family to watch my kids while I worked, as that’s a ft JOB. For that they attended a Home Daycare with a fantastic provider.

Any other time I go out, I have tons of family around who take my kids.
SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:06 PM
Fuck that bullshit. I don't have family close enough to babysit for date nights and I would go completely insane without them.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Then I guess I'd be staying home.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

But not everyone lives that close to family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)