Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Students Get Paid to ....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
Not Fight.

If EVERY student does not get in a fight for the rest of the year, every student will get 100$

http://www.philly.com/philly/education/philly-school-paying-kids-peace-20180211.html

Thoughts?

Personally, I wonder if one student will do it just out of spite and make everyone lose the 100 bucks. Like a kid whos been bullied and loner, he will start a fight to make sure all of the people who bully him will not get the 100 bucks.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2018 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 13, 2018 at 11:56 AM
9 moms liked this
Sad, very sad commentary on the caliber of humans we’re raising....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2018 at 11:57 AM
If he didn't plan to return and move far away it might work for the kid bullied otherwise it would make it worse for him.

I don't agree with the incentive because there are better uses for the money but to each their own.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2018 at 11:58 AM

Uh, stupid as hell. They should be decent human beings without bribes.

PS I didn't read the article.

mrsmom110
by NO on Feb. 13, 2018 at 11:58 AM

I'd think they'd all be in great moods in Philly now that they brought home the Lombardi trophy.  :p

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2018 at 12:00 PM
THe principal is going to pay it all out of her own pocket, unless they find a sponsor.

Quoting Anonymous 2: If he didn't plan to return and move far away it might work for the kid bullied otherwise it would make it worse for him.

I don't agree with the incentive because there are better uses for the money but to each their own.
Momoffour83
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2018 at 12:09 PM
Our elementary school offered to put kids' name in a drawing for a bike who perfect attendance at end of the year. I wrote them asking what about kids who can't help missing school like mandatory doctor appointments. They didn't do it anymore since I wasn't the only parent who complained.
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Feb. 13, 2018 at 12:12 PM
3 moms liked this

I get the reason why behind this initiative but honestly, I am gathering there's some hard-core, bigger problems going on at this school.

Problems that cannot be cured or fixed by doling out cash.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2018 at 12:14 PM
I'm sure if your kids was beat by a random classmate with lots of bruises last year, you wouldn't be making that response.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2018 at 12:15 PM
Wow i hope they don't disappoint him.

Quoting Anonymous 1: THe principal is going to pay it all out of her own pocket, unless they find a sponsor.

Quoting Anonymous 2: If he didn't plan to return and move far away it might work for the kid bullied otherwise it would make it worse for him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2018 at 12:16 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm sure if your kids was beat by a random classmate with lots of bruises last year, you wouldn't be making that response.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

I wouldn't be making the response that as part of being a decent, normal human being they shouldn't be beating the shit out of each other WITHOUT monetary incentive?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)