Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lady, her s*** is in the shed.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 177 Replies

On Saturday, I told the kids to clean their rooms so I could do a deep cleaning in there. I told them that if they didnt have their rooms clean by the time I was done with the bottom floor and my bedroom I would be taking away whatever was on the floor. the entire time I was doing the rest of the house I could hear ds telling my sd (his half-sister) to pick the toys up. I never heard her respond. When I got back to their rooms, all of my ds's things were picked up and put away, sd's things were all over the floor. I told sd to pick up while I went to get the vacuum, she crossed her arms, sat on her bed and refused. I shrugged and went to get a trash bag while I grabbed the vacuum. When I went back again sd was still sitting on her bed and I started picking up her things and putting them in the bag. Thats when she started screaming that I wasnt being fair, sorry kiddo, I gave you an hour to clean your room so I could deep clean in there, these have always been the consequences. She then started saying that her mom doesn't make her clean up.

SO, last night her mom called and they were talking and sd told her mom that I threw away all her things. sd handed the phone to me and her mom started yelling. I couldn't get a word in edgewise until I snapped her name at her and told her sd's things were in the shed and when she learns to keep things picked up she can have it back.

sd is almost 8....is this attitude normal? good lord, she never used to act like this before. Either it's an age thing or her moms becoming one of THOSE people again and we might have to put a stop to visitation yet again.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2018 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happinessforyou
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2018 at 3:43 PM
6 moms liked this

When my kids were this age- I didn't give orders. I took them to their room (your example) and we did it together. That's how they learn what "cleaning your room" actually means. Like all the steps you need to have a "clean room". She is 8, having some kind of attitude is normal. Offer to do it with her, make it fun, make it so she looks forward to having a clean room-a sense of accomplishment instead of a punishment. JMO

quinnsmom715
by Emerald Member on Feb. 13, 2018 at 3:43 PM

im so glad my son doesnt 'tattle' on one parent to the other..yes,he talks about what goes on but its not a 'you better fix this',its a 'this is whats happenning'..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2018 at 3:44 PM
15 moms liked this

8 is too old to be doing that. you do what I say or it gets taken away.

Quoting happinessforyou:

When my kids were this age- I didn't give orders. I took them to their room (your example) and we did it together. That's how they learn what "cleaning your room" actually means. Like all the steps you need to have a "clean room". She is 8, having some kind of attitude is normal. Offer to do it with her, make it fun, make it so she looks forward to having a clean room-a sense of accomplishment instead of a punishment. JMO

Southe
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2018 at 3:46 PM
It’s her age. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2018 at 3:47 PM

idk why she started doing this honestly. i'm really hoping it's not her mother filling her head with this crap again and just an age thing.

Quoting quinnsmom715:

im so glad my son doesnt 'tattle' on one parent to the other..yes,he talks about what goes on but its not a 'you better fix this',its a 'this is whats happenning'..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2018 at 3:48 PM
14 moms liked this
I did this with my kids when they were 3 and 4.

Quoting happinessforyou:

KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Feb. 13, 2018 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm with you on this one.

8 years old is old enough to pick up her toys.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2018 at 3:51 PM
4 moms liked this
"we might have to put a stop to visitation yet again." ~ WTF does that men? You've cut visitation with sd because of her mom before? If so, lol she's going to become more angry as she gets older.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2018 at 3:53 PM

we had to because her mom was telling her things and she was taking it out on my ds. she would tell sd that it was ok to beat her brother because he's not a real brother, ok to take his things because he's not really her brother etc. it was categorized as mental abuse and her mom lost visitation for 6 years and we had to have her on speaker for every phone call.

Quoting Anonymous 3: "we might have to put a stop to visitation yet again." ~ WTF does that men? You've cut visitation with dd because of her mom before? If so, lol she's going to become more angry as she gets older.

happinessforyou
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2018 at 3:53 PM
5 moms liked this

And I'm not the one who is having an issue with an 8 year old. Had you been doing this another way for 8 years, you wouldn't be having a problem either. Keep doing what you are doing and you will be getting more of what you have been getting. I look forward to all of your future problems....lmao

Quoting Anonymous 1:

8 is too old to be doing that. you do what I say or it gets taken away.

Quoting happinessforyou:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)