Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh, I am NEVER going to have grandchildren!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My one and only child, DS is 14. He is still not even remotely interested in girls. I know he's straight because of the stuff he masturbates to, but any interest in hanging around actual girls is absolutely zero! And, he's so socially reserved, I'm not sure that will ever change.

I know I shouldn't freak out yet. My brothers were all late bloomers so never went out with girls until they were seniors in high school. All of them married before 25, and all but the youngest, who is 23, have given my parents grandchildren.

But it seems like there should be at least some interest by now, even if it's just a girl he thinks is pretty, but he's still pretty much in that "girls are boring" stage.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2018 at 10:15 PM
Replies (181-190):
momoffour2013
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2018 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
My bil was like that. He was on the football team and all the girls wanted him but he showed no interest in them whatsoever. His mother thought the same thing as you until he met my sister. I believe he met her when he was 18 and she was 16. They got married several years later. She is his soul mate. They have 2 kids together, one of them is already grown and the other is almost grown and they are still together.
jjchick75
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2018 at 10:45 PM

He's only 14,  chill out!

SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Feb. 16, 2018 at 12:46 AM

You need therapy....

Phoenix_lament
by Fawkes on Feb. 16, 2018 at 3:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly lmao. I've already told DH that when that time comes, it's his problem, and to tell our son that if he wants mom to continue doing his laundry he'll use paper towels or something.

Quoting Lolabearlow: I Hope in 6 years (when Ds is 14) to have no clue what his masterbation preferences are. I will keep a never ending supply of lotion and paper towels on hand and ask no questions...

Quoting Phoenix_lament: I agree

Quoting Anonymous 6: Involved parenting is great. ..this is way, way too involved.

Quoting Phoenix_lament: Thank god

Quoting Anonymous 6: I am deeply disturbed .you are not alone.

Quoting Phoenix_lament: Is anyone else deeply disturbed by that third sentence or am I alone?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 47 on Feb. 16, 2018 at 5:11 AM

OMFG, he's 14, for crying out loud. FOURTEEN. 

Maybe he's not interested in the catty high school girls.

Maybe he IS interested in a girl and hasn't told you.

Geez, my ods hardly dated in high school, college, that boy had dates, and LOTS of 'em.

My yds, hasn't brought a girl home yet, and won't tell me if is currently or has been one. 

I just want my kids to be happy, if them having children makes them happy then I'm happy. If them NOT having children makes them happy, then I'm happy.

Marie207
by on Feb. 16, 2018 at 5:16 AM

My son was the exact same way, 30 and no grandkids.  I want a grandchild too.

Marie207
by on Feb. 16, 2018 at 5:18 AM

Girl, please, now a days they start having little girlfriends in the fourth grade.  Little girls they take a dollar to for lunch.  The girls too. 

Quoting Anonymous 47:

Geez, my ods hardly dated in high school, college, that boy had dates, and LOTS of 'em.

My yds, hasn't brought a girl home yet, and won't tell me if is currently or has been one. 

I just want my kids to be happy, if them having children makes them happy then I'm happy. If them NOT having children makes them happy, then I'm happy.

143myboys9496
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2018 at 5:41 AM

My yds had a 'gf' in 8th grade. I didn't let him go to her house when her parents weren't home nor her come to ours if we weren't there. They also only went out in groups. 

But I guess I'm old fashioned. I didn't think either of my sons should really date at least til high school, if not closer to 16.

Quoting Marie207:

Girl, please, now a days they start having little girlfriends in the fourth grade.  Little girls they take a dollar to for lunch.  The girls too. 

Quoting Anonymous 47:

Marie207
by on Feb. 16, 2018 at 5:43 AM

I was happy as a lark too at first.  I did not want my son to date til about 16, but that turned to still not.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

My yds had a 'gf' in 8th grade. I didn't let him go to her house when her parents weren't home nor her come to ours if we weren't there. They also only went out in groups. 

But I guess I'm old fashioned. I didn't think either of my sons should really date at least til high school, if not closer to 16.

Quoting Marie207:

Quoting Anonymous 47:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Feb. 16, 2018 at 6:07 AM
Yes. Yes I am.

Quoting Phoenix_lament: Is anyone else deeply disturbed by that third sentence or am I alone?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)