Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mental breakdown

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am dealing with a lot of financial stress, family issues and my past divorce. Yesterday I hit my limit. For the first time ever I broke down. I starting throwing things and started crying and couldn't stop. Today I feel like a weight has lifted and I'm happy again. My marriage is like heaven right now because my husband is being all loving. Should it be like this after a mental breakdown?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2018 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2018 at 4:46 AM
2 moms liked this
Sometimes you just need a good cry. I don’t know how it works physically, but sometimes it really helps.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2018 at 4:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it's nothing to worry about. If you alternate from an extreme low to happiness often, then it would be concerning.
Marie207
by on Feb. 14, 2018 at 5:17 AM

Yes, what you want it like it was yesterday?  Come on now, "Don't Worry be Happy", ~ Bobby McFerrin.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 14, 2018 at 5:19 AM

Throwing things?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2018 at 5:19 AM
I mean sometimes you just have to take it all out and you feel a better
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 14, 2018 at 5:22 AM
Sounds like you got your frustrations out and are feeling better. Nothing to worry about except the throwing stuff around. That's not good.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 14, 2018 at 5:56 AM
1 mom liked this

that was not a mental breakdown.

glad you feel better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 14, 2018 at 6:02 AM
That’s not a mental break down. You did break down but sounds to me like you released everything you’ve been holding in for a long time.
You know sometimes you just gotta let out a scream and have a good cry or I suppose toss a few things around.
I’m glad you feel better.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2018 at 6:34 AM

Throwing shit ? No  bueno. Hope that kids didnt witness that.

Sounds more like a tantrum than a nervous break down. But hey call it what you want . The big thing is you are feeling better. Now figure out how to manage that stress, so you dont have to throw shit.

Wassupx3
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2018 at 6:40 AM
Sounds more just like you got out some anger/frustration, not a “mental breakdown”. Those usually result in mental health care.
I’m glad you’re feeling better though!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)