Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mental breakdown

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I am dealing with a lot of financial stress, family issues and my past divorce. Yesterday I hit my limit. For the first time ever I broke down. I starting throwing things and started crying and couldn't stop. Today I feel like a weight has lifted and I'm happy again. My marriage is like heaven right now because my husband is being all loving. Should it be like this after a mental breakdown?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2018 at 2:49 AM
Replies (11-18):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 14, 2018 at 6:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Girl you threw a tantrum. That was not a mental breakdown 😂
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 14, 2018 at 7:48 AM
I don't think you had a mental breakdown, I think you just finally got the release you needed. My ex had a mental breakdown and he was institutionalized for it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 14, 2018 at 7:50 AM
You have to let it out. Since I've been going to workouts I get it all out there and it fucking hurts. I run so hard I almost puke but the physical exertion does wonders for my mental health. I have way too much stress so it's definitely a good way for me to let a little out at a time.
I do recommend finding something to do that a little at a time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 14, 2018 at 7:54 AM
Same for me. Physical activity can make a huge difference in my mood and how I deal with stressors.

Quoting Anonymous 10: You have to let it out. Since I've been going to workouts I get it all out there and it fucking hurts. I run so hard I almost puke but the physical exertion does wonders for my mental health. I have way too much stress so it's definitely a good way for me to let a little out at a time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 14, 2018 at 7:59 AM
I was sick and missed a lot. Finally went to a workout Monday. I got in my car and just melted into the seat. It was awesome. I ran hard, I picked up heavy stuff until it hurt and I went home satisfied. Lol. I haven't had an outburst since and I'm working out later today too.

Quoting Anonymous 9: Same for me. Physical activity can make a huge difference in my mood and how I deal with stressors.

Quoting Anonymous 10: You have to let it out. Since I've been going to workouts I get it all out there and it fucking hurts. I run so hard I almost puke but the physical exertion does wonders for my mental health. I have way too much stress so it's definitely a good way for me to let a little out at a time.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Feb. 14, 2018 at 7:59 AM
Glad you feel better!
Avidreader9559
by on Feb. 14, 2018 at 8:16 PM

It sounds like you were carrying a lot of stress around, and you finally found a way to release all of that. I have found that exercise helps me release the stress more regularly so that I don't get to the point of boiling over. Is there something you like to do that you could add to your regular routine so that your stress doesn't build up to that point again? Praying you what works for you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2018 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I need to start going to the gym again. I used to love it.

Quoting Avidreader9559:

It sounds like you were carrying a lot of stress around, and you finally found a way to release all of that. I have found that exercise helps me release the stress more regularly so that I don't get to the point of boiling over. Is there something you like to do that you could add to your regular routine so that your stress doesn't build up to that point again? Praying you what works for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)