Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She stole my Pyrex bowl.😣

Posted by   + Show Post
So we had a staff pot luck today and I took a salad... In a pyrex bowl with a nice lid...

My first initial and last name were written on the bottom of the bowl and the lid.

I was the only one that signed up for and brought a salad, I a very large bowl..

My coworker was doing the dishes and I saw her washing my bowl; she put it in the dish drain. I didn't see my lid, but didn't think much of it.

Later, I walk into the kitchen area and she's drying the dishes. Some dry dishes were sitting out on the counter, to be taken home by whomever brought them. I didn't see my bowl, but didn't think much of it.

I leave work at 215 everyday, so I cruze into the kitchen for my bowl.
I look everywhere... No sign of it.
Hmm..

So I walk into my coworkers classroom and and she's getting her bag to leave, also.
I see my bowl!

OH thanks! I was looking for that! And point at my bowl, in her bag.

Ummm... This is MY bowl she says.

What the fuck? Is what I THOUGHT but No it's mine... Is what I said.... It has my name on it.

She pulls my bowl out and my name is SCRUBBED Off... Like you can SEE where she had to realllyyyy scrub the sharpie off the silicone lid..

The teacher walked over and said it was my coworkers bowl...

Im really mad and tomorrow I'm talking to our campus administration.

Just a vent I hope I get my bowl back.

by on Feb. 14, 2018 at 9:15 PM
Replies (111-118):
_hummingbird_
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2018 at 7:36 PM
Well... No one steals my other bowls lol

Quoting hburnette3: Your title made me LOL!

OMG I'm so tired.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Feb. 15, 2018 at 7:41 PM
That shit is annoying. Had someone steal mine at work a few times. I don't like microwaving in plastic, and can't keep decent stuff out of thieving hands.
_hummingbird_
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2018 at 7:45 PM
Right?! I only use glass. Plastic containers just... Yuck lol

Quoting Anonymous 28: That shit is annoying. Had someone steal mine at work a few times. I don't like microwaving in plastic, and can't keep decent stuff out of thieving hands.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Feb. 15, 2018 at 7:45 PM
I hope you get your bowl back. I have some old Pyrex and I love it. I have my mother's mixing bowl set and some baking dishes.
_hummingbird_
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2018 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this
This one isn't a super big classic, just a generic clear. Glass... But it's still crappy. And I use that bowl pretty often around the house lol

Quoting LilysMama719: I hope you get your bowl back. I have some old Pyrex and I love it. I have my mother's mixing bowl set and some baking dishes.
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Feb. 15, 2018 at 7:54 PM

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I'd have told her to give me my bowl back or I'll report the theft.  

This.  She won't have left with my bowl, I would have. 

graciebsgranny
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2018 at 11:20 PM
Wouldn't we all😂😂 Did you see when goodwill had it up for auction?

Quoting kimber2465:

i would love to find the the hearts and clover one!!!

Quoting dorfmama: I had 2 of my grandmother’s primary set. One slid out of my cabinet a few months ago, and shattered. So, I’m down to one, but I still use it. I have purchased a lot of pieces and sets. Love to go treasure hunting!

Quoting kimber2465:

yes yes!!! i have my great grandmothers, and grandmothers, and mine( they are 35 years old now)/.

Quoting dorfmama: I collect Pyrex too! Have it displayed all over my house.

Quoting graciebsgranny: Old patterned pyrex is quite collectible. I currently have about 100 pieces in my collection.

Quoting coala:

When did Pyrex become collectible?

I have some pieces that are 20 years old that are used regularly.  If they are worth something then I might just pull them out of rotation and replace them with something less expensive.

Quoting Fat.Bottom.Girl: I may get into a physical altercation over some bullshit like that.

Tip: Don't take your Pyrex anywhere. They are very collectible right now.

kimber2465
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2018 at 12:40 PM

NO!!!!!!!!

Quoting graciebsgranny: Wouldn't we all😂😂 Did you see when goodwill had it up for auction?
Quoting kimber2465:

i would love to find the the hearts and clover one!!!

Quoting dorfmama: I had 2 of my grandmother’s primary set. One slid out of my cabinet a few months ago, and shattered. So, I’m down to one, but I still use it. I have purchased a lot of pieces and sets. Love to go treasure hunting!
Quoting kimber2465:

yes yes!!! i have my great grandmothers, and grandmothers, and mine( they are 35 years old now)/.

Quoting dorfmama: I collect Pyrex too! Have it displayed all over my house.
Quoting graciebsgranny: Old patterned pyrex is quite collectible. I currently have about 100 pieces in my collection.
Quoting coala:

When did Pyrex become collectible?

I have some pieces that are 20 years old that are used regularly.  If they are worth something then I might just pull them out of rotation and replace them with something less expensive.

Quoting Fat.Bottom.Girl: I may get into a physical altercation over some bullshit like that. Tip: Don't take your Pyrex anywhere. They are very collectible right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)