Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wow...way to be supportive mom...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

My sd is pregnant with her second child. She called me after her appointment and told me that the dr checking how dilated she was hurt so bad it made her dizzy. I told her I remembered those lovely checks when I was pregnant with my dd(her older step sister). She quickly told me her mom was calling and she would call me back. a few minutes later she calls back slightly irritated. she told her mom the same thing she told me and instead of being supportive her mom said "if you cant handle that how are you going to handle labor?". wow...mom of the year.

I mean I get you were so high off your ass the first time she had a baby that you dont remember but she was QUIET the entire time she was in labor but my lord, be a mother and be supportive. I get its hard because you haven't been one since your kid was 6 but try.

My sd is a beast and I mean that in the nicest way. She is a warrior and when something hurts so bad it makes her dizzy it must have hurt.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:46 AM
Your expectations may be unrealistic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:46 AM

she says she wants to have a relationship with sd but acting that way isn't the way.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Your expectations may be unrealistic.

drsclara88
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:48 AM
Wow...

For me those checks hurt worse than labor did.

Four labors and I never cried out once, not even when I was pushing. But those checks, on #3 I was crying. That shit hurts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:50 AM

they seriously do! my sd didnt even whimper during her labor last time, she doesn't flinch with her tattoos or piercings, hell she even sliced her leg open and didnt realize it until she looked down and saw her car rug bloody. its like she has no pain reflex so when she says something hurts it must have hurt.

Quoting drsclara88: Wow... For me those checks hurt worse than labor did. Four labors and I never cried out once, not even when I was pushing. But those checks, on #3 I was crying. That shit hurts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:51 AM
Yeah checks really effing hurt. Oh and I almost passed out when I got an iud. I accidentally kneed my dr in the chest when she stripped my membranes. Labor was much easier.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:52 AM
I bet you’ve been bit in the ass before taking what she “says” at face value.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

she says she wants to have a relationship with sd but acting that way isn't the way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:56 AM

haven't been bitten in the ass ever by her. she stayed away until sd was 18 and pregnant with her first.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I bet you’ve been bit in the ass before taking what she “says” at face value.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 18, 2018 at 4:08 AM
I must be old. I don't remember having those checks. I probably did and just don't remember. Regardless, I always hated when people say stuff like that. I had miserable pregnancies. Each one was progressively worse than the last. My last almost killed me and I don't mean that figuratively. My SIL and MIL used to make comments on how they loved being pregnant and how great they felt. They used to think I overreacted with mine. When I ended up in ICU with my son, they finally realized that pregnancy and me just didn't mesh all that well.

Everyone is different. Good luck with the rest of her pregnancy
Valentina327
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2018 at 4:14 AM
I still think they should knock you out for IUD placement. That shit made me holler. And I've had 8 shots directly into my nipple.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Yeah checks really effing hurt. Oh and I almost passed out when I got an iud. I accidentally kneed my dr in the chest when she stripped my membranes. Labor was much easier.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2018 at 4:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Right?? It hurt so bad!

Quoting Valentina327: I still think they should knock you out for IUD placement. That shit made me holler. And I've had 8 shots directly into my nipple.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Yeah checks really effing hurt. Oh and I almost passed out when I got an iud. I accidentally kneed my dr in the chest when she stripped my membranes. Labor was much easier.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)