Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I called in SICK and was told this !

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 260 Replies
First of all I’m never sick! I’ve been working at this hotel for over a year. I was due to go in this morning at 7 , I called in about 5:45 and was told I didn’t follow procedure ( to call 2 hours before shift) my manager was upset ( she knew I was not feeling good as I left early Friday noon) I was off yesterday and just slept and rested all day. My manager had been out sick for about a week and she was just back to work and I guess she already had to cover someone else’s shift .. she said “I’ll NEED A DOCTORS NOTE!” They don’t offer medical insurance and my hubbys ins doesn’t kick in till April.. I don’t think it always necessary to go to a doctor if you have to miss work for being sick! Rest is needed , have drugs at home, pisses me off I would feel guilty for calling in sick , and my only time in over a year!!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2018 at 7:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2018 at 7:36 AM
4 moms liked this
I hate that! Especially if you have a virus that just needs rest and they want you to waste time and money going to the doctors for a note.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2018 at 7:39 AM
3 moms liked this
You didn't follow the proper call in procedure. Don't be surprised if get fired.
CABZS
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 18, 2018 at 7:39 AM
17 moms liked this
She didn't make you feel guilty, she reprimanded you for not following procedure. Hell you knew you were sick and could've called the night before your shift. You screwed them by giving them almost only an hour to find someone to cover for you.

Pretty sad you think that's ok.

Quoting Anonymous 1: First of all I’m never sick! I’ve been working at this hotel for over a year. I was due to go in this morning at 7 , I called in about 5:45 and was told I didn’t follow procedure ( to call 2 hours before shift) my manager was upset ( she knew I was not feeling good as I left early Friday noon) I was off yesterday and just slept and rested all day. My manager had been out sick for about a week and she was just back to work and I guess she already had to cover someone else’s shift .. she said “I’ll NEED A DOCTORS NOTE!” They don’t offer medical insurance and my hubbys ins doesn’t kick in till April.. I don’t think it always necessary to go to a doctor if you have to miss work for being sick! Rest is needed , have drugs at home, pisses me off I would feel guilty for calling in sick , and my only time in over a year!!
CABZS
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 18, 2018 at 7:40 AM
3 moms liked this
I bet had she followed procedure and given them more than 1hr 15min to find a replacement a Dr's note wouldn't have been needed.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I hate that! Especially if you have a virus that just needs rest and they want you to waste time and money going to the doctors for a note.
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Feb. 18, 2018 at 7:42 AM

Quoting CABZS: She didn't make you feel guilty, she reprimanded you for not following procedure. Hell you knew you were sick and could've called the night before your shift. You screwed them by giving them almost only an hour to find someone to cover for you.

Pretty sad you think that's ok.

Quoting Anonymous 1: First of all I’m never sick! I’ve been working at this hotel for over a year. I was due to go in this morning at 7 , I called in about 5:45 and was told I didn’t follow procedure ( to call 2 hours before shift) my manager was upset ( she knew I was not feeling good as I left early Friday noon) I was off yesterday and just slept and rested all day. My manager had been out sick for about a week and she was just back to work and I guess she already had to cover someone else’s shift .. she said “I’ll NEED A DOCTORS NOTE!” They don’t offer medical insurance and my hubbys ins doesn’t kick in till April.. I don’t think it always necessary to go to a doctor if you have to miss work for being sick! Rest is needed , have drugs at home, pisses me off I would feel guilty for calling in sick , and my only time in over a year!!
alexmom529
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2018 at 7:44 AM
3 moms liked this
Why didn’t you call the night before? You didn’t follow procedure.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 18, 2018 at 7:46 AM
2 moms liked this
You didnt give them 2 hours notice, you screwed up.
Olioxenfree
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2018 at 7:48 AM
Well, you should have followed procedure and not left them shorthanded with such little notice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 18, 2018 at 7:50 AM
Where I work it’s out three days or more a doctors note is needed. Can you afford to self pay to go to the doc. Try some of the low income clinics.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 18, 2018 at 7:50 AM
2 moms liked this

That sucks.  I hope you feel better soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)