Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When they just don’t get it...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
I was talking to a friend on the phone and she said she never “got” why Snape was never vindicated at the end of the series. How she had always expected him to be but he never was. And she hated that he just up and killed Dumbledore proving he really was evil the whole time.

I was like... I think you missed the whole point of the series, I mean not the WHOLE point. But huge important details.

She has only seen the movies (but has seen them many tines) and I have read the books and seen the movies so maybe it was more obvious to me. But??

So... have you ever either missed a detail about something or been there when someone else did?

Share your stories!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:06 PM
Uh didn't his tears vindicate him? Potter knew the truth by the end and named his son after him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:08 PM
Yeah I thought it was pretty obvious.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Uh didn't his tears vindicate him? Potter knew the truth by the end and named his son after him.
quinnsmom715
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:12 PM

according to pottermore,snapes portrait wasnt in the headmasters office because he abandoned his post but harry ensured his portrait was there..even the movie shows he kills dumbledore so draco doesnt have to and that snapes whole motivation was to protect lilys son..

Phoenix_lament
by Fawkes on Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:21 PM
She does know DH exists, right?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:28 PM

maybe she was getting more butter for the popcorn.  I can't tell you how many plot twists I've missed because I'm the designated butterer.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Snape was still a dick, tears or no tears.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:31 PM
Right but every single time? She owns the DVDs and has seen them multiple times!!

Quoting Anonymous 3:

maybe she was getting more butter for the popcorn.  I can't tell you how many plot twists I've missed because I'm the designated butterer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:31 PM
I loved him from book 1!

Quoting Danesmommy1: Snape was still a dick, tears or no tears.
shadow_lark
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:32 PM
The movies don't do a good enough job of explaining Snape's motives through the entire series. If she read the books she would understand.

One thing I never understood was why Harry can't see thestrals from the start, since he saw his mom die. Anyone have an explanation for that that ive missed?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:32 PM
He was by the people who mattered. Snape didn't need the whole wizarding world's approval. He did what he promised and that was protect Harry at all costs no matter what. His portrait was also put in the headmaster's office thanks to Harry.

He didn't just "up and kill Dumbledore". There was a plan the whole time.

This is why people need to read the books. So many plot points are missed in the movies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)