Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do i handle this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

I was just informed that my ex is dating a former heroin addict. She is currently living in a half way house. Doesnt have custody of her kids and so far thats all i know. He has had her spend the night at his apartment and hes not afraid to bring random females around our kids. I told his other ex wife i needed to talk to her about this because their kid will be around it too but other than that idk what to do. My ex wont listen to me and he will deny the girl even exists. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2018 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 20, 2018 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

My ex h  does the same thing. He brings all kinds of girls around my  kids to the point where they cant remember who is who.   Make sure the court knows.  Like you i am friends with most of my x's x girl friends.

He has kids by three of us. Five in total.  All you can do is make sure the court knows that your children are being introduced to this type of behavior. 

You can with hold the kids but be ready for the fight of your life.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 20, 2018 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate it when people refer to women as females in this way, it's condescending and dismissive.

I guess if you're going to talk down about someone though, a heroin addict who's lost her kids is a good person to start with.
nmkj
by Emerald Member on Feb. 20, 2018 at 4:43 PM
What does the custody agreement look like?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2018 at 4:52 PM

he wont fight me thats the sad part. he will say he will and will threaten me but he knows if i say oh well hes shacking up with a heroin addict that a judge will laugh at him.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

My ex h  does the same thing. He brings all kinds of girls around my  kids to the point where they cant remember who is who.   Make sure the court knows.  Like you i am friends with most of my x's x girl friends.

He has kids by three of us. Five in total.  All you can do is make sure the court knows that your children are being introduced to this type of behavior. 

You can with hold the kids but be ready for the fight of your life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2018 at 4:53 PM

ive noticed that word does really bug you. im sorry! but im irritated and shes not a woman in my eyes. a woman doesnt get addicted to drugs and lose her kids. 

Quoting Danesmommy1: I hate it when people refer to women as females in this way, it's condescending and dismissive. I guess if you're going to talk down about someone though, a heroin addict who's lost her kids is a good person to start with.

alexsmommy51405
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2018 at 4:55 PM

What does your court order state regarding this? Mine is very vague about it, we're only to tell each other if we're planning to move in with a known sex offender. But I also have full custody of my kids and he isn't allowed anywhere near them alone. So I guess I'm safe. 

I'd get the courts involved. This isn't right and your kids (both u and exwife) shouldn't have to deal with this at all. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2018 at 4:55 PM

on paper its considered shared parenting. legal is shared but physically i technically have them more. no morality clause because at the time of our last court date i didnt think it was needed, my dumbass mistake. 

Quoting nmkj: What does the custody agreement look like?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 20, 2018 at 4:55 PM
Im so sorry. I have no advice. I can’t imagine this worry and Im deeply sorry your ex is like this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 20, 2018 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this
My son’s ex is a drug addict. She lost her kids to CPS. She was living with a man that had 4 kids. Her case worker told him the kids would be removed if she stayed because they’d already deemed her an unfit mother. I wouldn’t take chances. If it were my kids they would not be going there unless I knew she wasn’t there. No judge would blame you from protecting your kids from an addict.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2018 at 4:58 PM

nothing. which is my mistake. i should have had a morality clause added. if she moves in, has drugs in or around the apartment or is left alone i will but i dont think the courts will do much now, idk though i have to call my lawyer. 

Quoting alexsmommy51405:

What does your court order state regarding this? Mine is very vague about it, we're only to tell each other if we're planning to move in with a known sex offender. But I also have full custody of my kids and he isn't allowed anywhere near them alone. So I guess I'm safe. 

I'd get the courts involved. This isn't right and your kids (both u and exwife) shouldn't have to deal with this at all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)