Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax refund - be honest

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 332 Replies
1 mom liked this

I won't judge, I promise. I am genuinely curious about this. I am in a Where's My Refund group on FB and I see people who just got their $5k - 10K + refunds just last week that are already broke.

Is this you? Is this  NOT you? How do you spend your refund and how quickly?

We're getting $5k back by Thurs and we're doing a lot with it and then putting the rest into savings. We're paying off a small loan that we have, taking a weekend trip, doing a small shopping trip with the kids and I, and DH and I are getting new phones. We will have around $1k left after all is said and done. We won't be broke. DH works and will get paid tomorrow as a matter of fact.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2018 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 12:43 AM
I got $2500 , i have $800 left
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Feb. 21, 2018 at 12:43 AM
I mix my money, so I couldn’t tell you what’s regular paychecks and what was my refund separated in my bank account. I know my state is taking forever
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Feb. 21, 2018 at 12:43 AM
14 moms liked this
There’s a group for that? 😂
bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2018 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I haven’t filed yet
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 12:44 AM
We just got a refund. No eic or anything. We overpaid by 6k this year, working on that so it isn’t the same next year. It’s in savings.
sonnyswoman75
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2018 at 12:44 AM
We are using ours to move to Tennessee. I'm getting 6100 back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 12:44 AM
Getting 3K and paying probably 1K toward unexpected credit card debt we got this summer from a broken air conditioner and a broken washer. Saving back the rest for just in case shit....because we seem to have a lot of just in case shit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 12:44 AM

Haven't file yet. Last year I got $8k. It always goes into our savings account. We act like it's not there. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 12:45 AM
Where to in Tennessee

Quoting sonnyswoman75: We are using ours to move to Tennessee. I'm getting 6100 back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 12:46 AM
Not us. We are getting $7300 back and it's going into savings. Our DD has a neuropsych eval in a few weeks and i have no idea if insurance is going to cover any of it. We may need to shell out $3000-$4000 for it. It won't break us though. Our tax refund is just extra, not necessary.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)