Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Opinions???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
A person i know of posted this on facebook this morning. Shes always posting about politics, anxiety, being a snowflake (her she doesn't have kids) and now this. I'm trying to figure out what to say to her.

If you're brutally honest because you're too lazy to be tactful and you don't give a crap about other people's feelings at all, then guess what? Yes, you're mean. You're rude. You need manners. There are ways to be honest without being a dickhead. Look into them. Honest does not = rudeness. Rudeness does not = honesty.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2018 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom-x-2
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2018 at 10:14 AM

What did she post?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 10:14 AM

I would honestly just ignore her.

anchorturtle
by silly rabbit on Feb. 21, 2018 at 10:15 AM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2018 at 10:17 AM
Thats what its coming to. She's just getting out of hand and im not the only one having issues with her.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2018 at 10:17 AM
The second paragraph

Quoting mom-x-2:

What did she post?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 10:18 AM

facebook and other social media has just become a diary of people's thoughts that they should sometimes just keep to themselves. i couldn't handle this type of stuff anymore so i deleted FB over 2 yrs ago.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thats what its coming to. She's just getting out of hand and im not the only one having issues with her.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2018 at 10:19 AM
I mostly use it for my family. We don't talk in rl too often so thats how we stay in touch. I'm rarely on it

Quoting Anonymous 2:

facebook and other social media has just become a diary of people's thoughts that they should sometimes just keep to themselves. i couldn't handle this type of stuff anymore so i deleted FB over 2 yrs ago.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thats what its coming to. She's just getting out of hand and im not the only one having issues with her.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 10:21 AM

yeah that's one reason i used to be on it, but i figure the ones that want to keep in contact with me can do it without social media. and i try too to be in contact in other ways.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I mostly use it for my family. We don't talk in rl too often so thats how we stay in touch. I'm rarely on it
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

angela.barlow
by Ange on Feb. 21, 2018 at 10:21 AM
Ignore.
Delete.
Block.

So many options.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 10:22 AM
Sometimes people do need to be brutally honest as they are missing the point.
But rudeness and honest dont have to go together.

Now, kick the soapbox platform out from under her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)