Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why isn't the weight coming off??!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 113 Replies
I was on depot for almost 2 years. The 2nd year, I gained about 10 pounds.

When I got off of it, I lost about 5, and stalled out.

I started exercising more and trying to watch what I ate. I ended up gaining 10 pounds!

I haven't gained anymore, but I'm not losing either.

So here are my normal activities:

-I walk at least 4 to 5 miles, 5 days a week.
-Pushups, squats, bridges, situps, leglifts, ECT, at least 4 days a week.
-I only drink water. I'll add apple cider vinegar to it.
-I mainly home cook. The only processed stuff I eat on a regular basis are soup and canned fish (tuna, salmon, ECT. Fried food is rare (once a month or less).
-I eat a lot of salad, but I've increased it lately. I'll dump some tuna on a bed of lettuce or spinach and eat that for lunch or dinner.

I'm not sure what the issue is. I've never held on to weight before getting that shot! I've also been having bloating and digestive issues since being off of it.

Any suggestions?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2018 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissTuree
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2018 at 1:47 PM
Change up your workout routine. You’ve likely plateaued.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 1:47 PM
Did your pants/dress size increase, decrease, or stay the same? How old are you? What is your weight?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2018 at 1:49 PM
I always change up my toning exercises. I only started all the walking because of the first plateau and gain. Before, I was doing a stair stepper and dance workout. I'm so frustrated.

Quoting MissTuree: Change up your workout routine. You’ve likely plateaued.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2018 at 1:50 PM
Track your intake with a calorie tracker like my fitness pal. If youve never tracked before, it is an eye opener. Even while eating healthily, you can still over eat and that sabotages progress.

Trade walking 1 or 2 days a week with running. Even if you dont go as far, it gets your heart rate up more.
cookiemonster77
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2018 at 1:50 PM

You are earpting more calories than your body can burn off. Even if you eat healthy and eat at home I’m sure if you watched your calorie intake like a hawk you’d see you are eating more than you thought.

rosie211
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2018 at 1:51 PM
Are you sure you're eating enough? I find that I lose more weight when I eat more regularly.

Bump for you, there is something amiss if you are working out, eating right and still not losing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2018 at 1:54 PM
Before I gained I was a 3/5. After I gained, I'm around a 9. I've stayed that size for months now. I'm 5'3, so any little amount of weight is noticeable. I'm honestly afraid to get on the scale at this point, but I know it has to be at least 10 pounds. The only bright side is I gain weight pretty evenly, so I don't have a bunch of fat collecting in one area.

I'm 30.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Did your pants/dress size increase, decrease, or stay the same? How old are you? What is your weight?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 1:54 PM
Heredity
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2018 at 1:55 PM
I'll do that! I never even thought about a tracker.

Quoting iamcafemom83: Track your intake with a calorie tracker like my fitness pal. If youve never tracked before, it is an eye opener. Even while eating healthily, you can still over eat and that sabotages progress.

Trade walking 1 or 2 days a week with running. Even if you dont go as far, it gets your heart rate up more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2018 at 1:56 PM
Oh God, please don't say that. I can't accept that.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Heredity
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)