Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Death anniversaries

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 139 Replies
1 mom liked this
Do you remember the days that people die? My grandmother died February 5, 2017. The anniversary of her death came and went. Now my other grandmother passed away January 25, 1995 but that’s easy to remember because it’s a month after Christmas.

The reason I ask this is because three years ago today my husbands grandmother died. Yes it’s sad but she had a long life (she’d have been 98). I just believe that the people who go on before us wouldn’t want us to be sad all the time, especially those who were with us for a long time. I realize that there are differences obviously like when a child dies or when someone died unexpectedly. But for those who have had a long life, like my grandmother, my husbands grandmother and Billy Graham, they had wonderfully long lives and they’ve gone to their reward.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2018 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 5:24 PM
My grandmother lived until her mid 90s. I can't remember the day she died. I always thought it was neat she got to live through so many different decades.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 5:25 PM
My grandparents all died when I was young.

The next generation, so far, knock on wood, only my aunt has died. She died on Christmas Day. So, yeah, I won’t ever forget that one. :/
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 21, 2018 at 5:25 PM
If the day is significant I may remember it...it’s not something that I celebrate though, I would rather remember a birthday.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 5:25 PM
I know when my fil died. The whole family shuts down for a week before. It's sad to see how they let his death effect them. He wouldn't want this.

I know when my dd died. I feel it coming. I try my best to not makw a big deal of it. I don't want my other kids thinking I gave up when she died.
Endeed
by New Member on Feb. 21, 2018 at 5:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Why do so many post anonymously? Like a screen name is not enough cover??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2018 at 5:26 PM
Just imagine what they got to see!

Quoting Anonymous 2: My grandmother lived until her mid 90s. I can't remember the day she died. I always thought it was neat she got to live through so many different decades.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 5:26 PM
I think it's twisted
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2018 at 5:26 PM
I’m sorry :(

Quoting Anonymous 3: My grandparents all died when I was young.

The next generation, so far, knock on wood, only my aunt has died. She died on Christmas Day. So, yeah, I won’t ever forget that one. :/
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2018 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I remember them all
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 5:26 PM

Well my father died young, and I remember the day. Some of my grandparents no just the timeframe usually. Of course it is more sad when the person dies unexpectedly, at a younger age, or had to endure a lot of suffering. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)