Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You brought this on yourself

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 238 Replies
To give you a little bit of background I've been married for 5 years and we have identical twin daughters that are 6 months old. The in laws live about 2 hours away but comes here regularly for VA appointments. Sometimes we see them and sometimes we don't.
Today my girls had 2 appointments a piece and we had playgroup afterwards. Evidently while we were at the appointments the in laws showed up at our home to visit. Obviously we weren't there. She called repeatedly and I let it go to voicemail and eventually just turned of off. After all I was busy. After the appointments we went to playgroup and carried on about our day. Totally forgot that my phone was off. When we got home and I realized my phone was off I noticed I had 43 missed calls and 17 voice mails. Each voice mail was more vile than the other. I've been called names,accused of being selfish,lazy and the list goes on. I called Mil and as soon as she picked up the phone she started screaming at me. I hung up and immediately blocked her. I told my husband that he needed to have a very long and serious talk with his mother to get her in check and that she is NEVER to call me or visit at my home without her son being home ever again. My husband immediately agreed because after listening to those voicemail he realized exactly how abusive she was.
So about an hour ago Mil calls dh and starts bitching at him because I'm not answering her calls. He calmly explained to her that she was way out of line and that from now on she is to never contact me again and that he will let her know when we are available for visits and that from now on it will be out in public and not in my home. Now she is on Facebook playing the ole pitiful me act,complaining to all and sundry about how I stole her only child and only grandchildren. Boo hop. Now my husband is on the deck reaming her out for blasting us on Facebook and being so shitty. While I'm on hold with Verizon changing our phone numbers. Yea...good luck on ever getting a visit with us. You burned your bridges and have no one to blame but yourself
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2018 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nmkj
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2018 at 9:34 PM
8 moms liked this
She needs to calm the fuck down. I don't cater my life to anyone and when I'm busy leave me alone. She went completely insane for no reason. I would call her out on Facebook.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 9:35 PM
2 moms liked this
I hate mils
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 21, 2018 at 9:35 PM
25 moms liked this
And to think all of this could have been avoided with a two minute phone call....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 9:35 PM
4 moms liked this
Really get her going see if their is a way to post her voicemail to Facebook!

I am the asshole who would try to do that. 😂
MamaTasha08
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2018 at 9:35 PM
Yikes. At least your husband is on your side.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 9:37 PM
8 moms liked this
Lousy excuse to blow up someone's phone 43 times and be vulgar. Mil could of just waited for a call back rather than calling over and over. I freaking hate that. If I don't answer I'm busy.

Quoting Dzyre1115: And to think all of this could have been avoided with a two minute phone call....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 9:37 PM
11 moms liked this
Sounds like a lot of overreacting all over the place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 9:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Uh huh. You all sound like assholes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2018 at 9:41 PM
7 moms liked this
Your right she could have called anytime within the last month to make arrangements for today.

Quoting Dzyre1115: And to think all of this could have been avoided with a two minute phone call....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 9:41 PM
7 moms liked this
Serious question because I don't know. If your phone is turned off, do missed calls show when you turn it on?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)