Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there anything that you said you would never do as a mom...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
That you did?

Backstory- my dear friend made all sorts of pronouncements when she was pregnant (4 years ago) about thing the baby would or would not be doing or having i.e. No juice, only wooden toys, no candy, no processed food, no tv...
I tried very gently to suggest that she not make rules that might be hard to hold on to and suggested moderation but she insisted and I figured she would figure it out later...

Well 4 years later she's having a hard time because she "gave up on all her principles!" I have repeatedly told her that all families end up changing part of the master plan after the baby comes because you have to find the right groove for your family.

Do what did you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2018 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2018 at 11:15 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 11:17 PM
Lol I always hated when my mom licked her thumb to wipe that little spot on my cheek.. I hated her doing it..

Done it to my kids! Lol
myflowerasd
by 💖~Skunk~💖 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 11:18 PM
I swore that my children would never watch tv. Well that went right out three window! Although I do monitor what they watch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2018 at 11:18 PM
I need stories to console her with, cone one ladies!
Traci_Momof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2018 at 11:19 PM

I said I would never be a drunk like my mom was and I have stuck to it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2018 at 11:19 PM
That's one of those weird nothing instincts that comes out after you have a kid.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Lol I always hated when my mom licked her thumb to wipe that little spot on my cheek.. I hated her doing it..

Done it to my kids! Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 11:20 PM
I totally suck raising my third. I am so exhausted and just worn down. I kid you not, she is 4, and was watching YouTube videos at 10pm.

My first, no screen time, bedtime 8:30, books every night. I just fell to pieces, it is pitiful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 11:20 PM
My kids go to sleep with a tv on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 11:20 PM
I said I would never spank and I never had. I said I would try to limit sweets. ..not so much!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 21, 2018 at 11:21 PM
Ew. I said this and I don't.

I've thought about it though. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: Lol I always hated when my mom licked her thumb to wipe that little spot on my cheek.. I hated her doing it..

Done it to my kids! Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)