Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Punish him or not?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies

If you found out one of your children used their siblings toothbrush to clean their muddy shoes, then put it back for other child to use, what would you do?

DS claims it was an accident.  DD had left her toothbrush in the kitchen, I don't know why.  DS said he thought it was an old one until he saw her toothpaste laying there about halfway through cleaning his shoes.  

He says he put it back because he knew if she had found out he used her toothbrush for his shoes, whether he threw it away or not, there would have been hell to pay and he thought it was better to just put it back where he found out after he cleaned it off and she would never know.

He accidentally confessed to me this evening.  

I don't know what to do...she will literally beat his ass if she finds out.  But I can't let him get away with it, can I?

DD is 19 and DS is 15.  

I forgot to mention, it's been at least a week since he did this but just confessed this evening.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2018 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsViau
by PinkGiraffe on Feb. 22, 2018 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Why not just buy her a new toothbrush?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 22, 2018 at 12:31 AM

Accidents happen, but putting it back is the problem.  Not buying it.  That’s disgusting.  Yes, there should be a punishment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 22, 2018 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this
It was an accident. If DD would overreact, I would simply tell him next time to come to you first thing so the brush can be replaced.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 22, 2018 at 12:34 AM

Buy your dd a new toothbrush and give it to her as a surprise present and accidentally throw her other toothbrush away deep in the garbage where she will not see it. Tell him to let you know in the future and you can replace.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2018 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

It's been a week or more since he did it.

Quoting MrsViau: Why not just buy her a new toothbrush?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2018 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I get where he is coming from due to her volatile nature and probably did panic thinking how she would react, but I am thinking he is probably somewhat amused by knowing she has been using this toothbrush.  

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Accidents happen, but putting it back is the problem.  Not buying it.  That’s disgusting.  Yes, there should be a punishment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2018 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Overreact is putting it mildly.  

Should I punish him for putting it back?  I truly can see him putting it back in a panic knowing how she would react that he touched it, let alone used it, even if he had thrown it away after realizing his "mistake"

Quoting Anonymous 3: It was an accident. If DD would overreact, I would simply tell him next time to come to you first thing so the brush can be replaced.

SissyAnn141
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

If she is that mean to him I would just talk to him and let it go.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Overreact is putting it mildly.  

Should I punish him for putting it back?  I truly can see him putting it back in a panic knowing how she would react that he touched it, let alone used it, even if he had thrown it away after realizing his "mistake"

Quoting Anonymous 3: It was an accident. If DD would overreact, I would simply tell him next time to come to you first thing so the brush can be replaced.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 22, 2018 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Buy your dd a new toothbrush and give it to her as a surprise present and accidentally throw her other toothbrush away deep in the garbage where she will not see it. Tell him to let you know in the future and you can replace.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 22, 2018 at 12:42 AM
Yeah I’d punish. He made a mistake and that’s fine. But then he covered for it and let her brush her teeth with it for a week. I’d be pissed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)