Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My teen has 1 friend and we won't let him hang with him

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
We moved here 6 months. The only friend my son has made is a relative. He is the same age as ds. But they are completely different. Ds is innocent. He doesn't skip school, smoke pot, stay gone for days at a time and listen to us. This kid smoke pot, skip school, stays gone for days and days at a time. Doesn't listen to his parents. At first when we moved here. I was glad that there was someone close to his age for him to be friends with but after getting to know them dh and i decided he can't hang out with him i hope ds makes friends soon. I hate it that he doesn't have anyone to hang out with.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2018 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2018 at 1:47 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 22, 2018 at 1:49 PM
Id let that kid be in my house any time. I wouldnt let them be alone, but I think kid ds like that need a positive influence and if my family can help, we do.
sarahfire
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 1:49 PM

I would let him hang out with the friend anyways. Maybe not alone, and maybe at your place, but I really feel that friends are a very important and essential part of growing up. Even friends that parents think are "bad."

3gr8tKids
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 1:50 PM

I hope he finds his place too! It just takes a little time. Does he play sports OR does he enjoy other extracurricular activities? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2018 at 1:51 PM
This kid doesn't want to hang out at our house. He wants to run the streets.

Quoting sarahfire:

I would let him hang out with the friend anyways. Maybe not alone, and maybe at your place, but I really feel that friends are a very important and essential part of growing up. Even friends that parents think are "bad."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2018 at 1:52 PM
Not really. I am thinking about karate.

Quoting 3gr8tKids:

I hope he finds his place too! It just takes a little time. Does he play sports OR does he enjoy other extracurricular activities? 

sarahfire
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 1:52 PM

I get that. Can they go to the movies together or something? Maybe plan a sleepover at your house?

Quoting Anonymous 1: This kid doesn't want to hang out at our house. He wants to run the streets.
Quoting sarahfire:

onethentwins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 1:52 PM

Is he on a team or in a club where he can friends with a different kid? Do you know of a kid you can invite over?

sarahfire
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 1:53 PM

How old is your son?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Not really. I am thinking about karate.
Quoting 3gr8tKids:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2018 at 1:55 PM
Ive let them go skating but last weekend they were supposed to go. When i picked up the kid another kid who is worse jumped in my car to go too. We wouldn't let ds go with them because that kid is worse. Hell he asked me for pot one time. His mom is in jail. Dh said hell no he isn't going with him

Quoting sarahfire:

I get that. Can they go to the movies together or something? Maybe plan a sleepover at your house?

Quoting Anonymous 1: This kid doesn't want to hang out at our house. He wants to run the streets.

Quoting sarahfire:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)