Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think the show Family Guy is offensive?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

I personally find some of the jokes hilarious, but I can't help but think some people probably hate the show, because it can be incredibly offensive towards race, people with disabilities, women and I'm sure the list goes on. I'm a Seth MacFarlane fan, I liked Ted and thought A Million Ways to Die in the West was pretty funny too.

On the bright side, the show still isn't as offensive as South Park IMO.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2018 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SDmomma-3
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't find it offensive but I also like Bob's burgers and Archer lol
Manic_Sinner
by 5/27/2018🤰🏽 on Feb. 22, 2018 at 9:10 PM
No. I’m not offended by either show. I think it’s funny.
Susan_Marie1984
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 9:10 PM
4 moms liked this
It's supposed to be. That's what makes it funny.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 22, 2018 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I find it incredibly annoying. But I just change the channel. I find a lot of shows pretty stupid these days.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 22, 2018 at 9:12 PM
No, I am not easily offended but I also think there's humor and than there's family Guy and Ted. I really liked a million ways to die in the West but the whole scene during the hallucination was just weird and over the top.
kristanorton
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 9:12 PM
I don’t find it offensive or funny.
littlepinkrose
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 9:14 PM
It's funny, but I also think it crosses the line at times. I have switched the channel or just not watched it at times for that reason.
SpiritedWitch
by Emerald Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 9:15 PM

Of course it is but that is the point. I love it.

We also watch The Orville starring MacFarlane ... not as offensive but still has his brand of humor to it. 

Oh and yes, A Million Ways to Die in the West was HILARIOUS! Wasn't impressed by Ted.

kristinm87
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 9:15 PM
Yes it's offensive. That's why people like it.
rachellaree20
by Rachel on Feb. 22, 2018 at 9:15 PM

Ha, I was going to say not really considering other shows like South Park but you already mentioned it.  I grew up watching South Park, I was I think 6 years old when they came out with the first season and I watched it with my dad all the time growing up.  It's offensive, both shows are, but they're supposed to be that way.  Offensive but funny, and they dont' pick on one group in particular.  Everyone and everything is fair game and everyone gets made fun of in some way or another.  I like Family Guy, it's alright, but I love South Park.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)