Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Someone called CPS on us

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 134 Replies
A police officer came and said I had to let him in my home. He looked around and said that he was going to say everything looked fine, but CPS was going to follow up within the next 10 days. My mind is reeling. I'm sitting here wondering if I should move my younger daughter into my older daughter's room.

ETA: I called the nonemergency police number. He's a real officer. She didn't seem phased that he told me I had to let him in my home.

3/1: DH told me that the police officer called him and talked to him while he was at work. He also told DH not to be surprised if no one from CPS comes to our home and instead relies on his findings that the concerns were unmerited. I know people keep saying I'm a troll because this is not how any of this is supposed to be done. But that's part of why I made this post. The whole thing is so weird.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2018 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2018 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Where is your younger daughter? Why would someone call? Why would you let him in without a warrant?
Cajunqueenslsg8
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2018 at 9:21 PM
If this happened, you didn't have to let him in.
DanaG70
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2018 at 9:23 PM

You don't HAVE to let anybody you don't want in your home, you do have the right to refuse.

On that note, why would you need to move your younger daughter to your oldest daughter's room?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2018 at 9:24 PM
2 moms liked this
You didn't have to let him in.

Also, don't switch around your living arrangements and confuse your children. All that will do is make you look super suspicious.
pinkcoffeecup
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2018 at 9:24 PM

I'd of told the police. They cannot come in without a search warrent.  If your house looks fine, there is proper food in the house to eat, the kids are clean and look well cared for. Then CPS has no reason to do anything. I'd think about contacting a lawyer.  Ask their advice on this.  CPS won't tell you who called.  A lawyer might be able to find that out for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 23, 2018 at 9:26 PM
Whoa whoa whoa! Did the officer provide any sort of document or warrant? If no, that means the "officer" is stalking you and wants to see what you have inside the home. He is an imposter! If you can remember his last name, call the PD and ask for a background on him. Plus CPS shows up first to review the house. The least not to expect is an officer who helped a child find his/her way back home as an assistant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 23, 2018 at 9:26 PM
Unless he had a warrant no you did not have to let him in.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Feb. 23, 2018 at 9:27 PM
I'm confused. Did he say what he was looking for? Why do you think you need to move your dd's room?
mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Feb. 23, 2018 at 9:30 PM
You wanna give us more information or what?
notsorry467
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2018 at 9:32 PM

If someone called CPS, why would a police officer show up and not a social worker? This makes no sense. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)