Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GIVE THOSE TEACHERS GUNS!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
Ok so.....not only are our teachers to educate our children, they are to be the "babysitter", "therapist", "disciplinarian", "nutritionist" and now a "gun-carrying protector"....

Are they going to get hazard pay?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2018 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Forget hazard pay. There already a huge national shortage of qualified teachers, this will just make the pool nonexistent. Those, like myself, who can retire within the next 3-5 years will be gone and there are a lot of us. There are very few in the pipeline to replace us. Guns don't belong in school, except with an SRO, period.

SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 8:14 AM
I would pull my kid. Being a teacher doesn't automatically make you a good person.
I'm glad I don't have to worry about that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 24, 2018 at 8:15 AM
I'm ok with my kids school teacher carrying a gun and they should get a better pay
PJMM
by Emerald Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

This is for NC but could apply to any state especially the south.
81Crystal
by Emerald Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
It's ridiculous. So many parents are basically expecting teachers to parent children. They even expect teachers to pay for children's supplies. Now they're expecting teachers to take out armed psychos.
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 8:56 AM
I won’t ever be arming myself at work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 24, 2018 at 8:58 AM
I am too. In my part of the country we aren’t afraid of guns and most of us have been around them since we were children. I think it should be on a voluntary basis. I for one, wouldn’t be happy if I wasn’t allowed to carry my weapon to defend myself against a potential threat at my job. I carry one at my job now. At my last job it was even encouraged.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm ok with my kids school teacher carrying a gun and they should get a better pay
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 24, 2018 at 8:59 AM
Lol! I do. I’m not a teacher but i work alone in an office on a construction site. I’m the only woman. There are strangers coming and going all the time. If one of them had unsavory ideas, what would I do??

Quoting KairisMama: I won’t ever be arming myself at work.
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I don’t have those fears at my job. I have no reason to ever bring a gun to my classroom.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Lol! I do. I’m not a teacher but i work alone in an office on a construction site. I’m the only woman. There are strangers coming and going all the time. If one of them had unsavory ideas, what would I do??

Quoting KairisMama: I won’t ever be arming myself at work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 24, 2018 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

We can't even trust law enforcement to not shoot unarmed citizens, now the "solution" to less gun violence is to add more guns. Most of us have seen, experienced, or heard of a teacher or staff member lose their cool with a student, put their hands on a student, etc. What is going to happen when little Johnny is being an annoying shit (because he's a kid) and Mr. Richardson has reached his limit and does something he will definitely regret?  Too many times, police shootings of unarmed citizens have been excused because the suspect simply "flinched". We watch super slow-motion videos of a man who we know is about to die, trying to determine if he moved even a tiny bit when told to freeze. What happens when little Johnny flinches and overworked, exhausted, had-it-up-to-here Mr. Richardson pulls his firearm? Are we going to have to watch the body-cam footage of a geography teacher killing their student?

Most of the time, school shooters are students or former students. We'd be asking teachers to shoot their students. We're asking teachers to kill their students.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)