Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I HATE my child's father!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 160 Replies
3 moms liked this
My son's father has never wanted anything to do with him. He's only met him twice in his whole life! He's an actual father to his youngest son. I don't get it. If you were to look at his Instagram you would see tons of pics with him and his other son. He's always carrying on about deadbeat dads and how he could never be one. Meanwhile, my son has issues because of his father ignoring him. My son is nine years old and just recently had a birthday, he didn't get a card, phone call...it's like he doesn't exist to him. He's never paid child support. I decided about a year ago, that I was done with trying to force him to come around. I felt foolish to keep begging him. I hold so much anger and resentment towards my ex because if this. How do I move past it? I could understand more if he didn't want kids, but it's very clear that he loves his youngest son. It's very hard for me to move past this.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2018 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 24, 2018 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
It sounds like you’re the problem to be honest. If he loves being a father. Also he has no relationship with your child and never has, so of course his feelings aren’t the same as for a child he has a normal relationship with....
Shibarifan
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 12:40 PM
10 moms liked this

I'm sorry for your 9yo.  I would take him to court for child support and put my son in intensive counseling to make sure I addressed the issues he's having surrounding this rejection.

Have you considered big/brothers big sisters or any other program where he can be mentored by a mature male? Any uncles or other safe male role models in his life?

I'm sorry that he's being treated this way but stop looking at his Instagram and being reminded of who he's choosing not to be to your son. I know it hurts but you can move past this if you stop reminding yourself of him, go the court route, and throw yourself into taking care of yourself and your son. Focus on that and you won't have time to focus on him and then the pain will lessen. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2018 at 12:41 PM
He walked away while I was pregnant and didn't want any part of it. How am I the problem? I even agreed to not take him to court for child support (stupid, I know). I just wanted him to establish a father/son bond! I've begged for years but he always has an excuse. He's a deadbeat!

Quoting Dzyre1115: It sounds like you’re the problem to be honest. If he loves being a father. Also he has no relationship with your child and never has, so of course his feelings aren’t the same as for a child he has a normal relationship with....
mjande4
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 12:42 PM
2 moms liked this

The problem is with you.  He may be the biological father, but clearly he's not, nor ever plans to be, his dad.  You need to accept this, stop trying to force the issue, and move on.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 24, 2018 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
It’s ten years later, you’re stalking his social media and you are still very angry and bitter....he may have just realized that raising a child with you would be unpleasant. He wasn’t morally right to walk away, but let’s just consider your responsibility for a minute....

Quoting Anonymous 1: He walked away while I was pregnant and didn't want any part of it. How am I the problem? I even agreed to not take him to court for child support (stupid, I know). I just wanted him to establish a father/son bond! I've begged for years but he always has an excuse. He's a deadbeat!

Quoting Dzyre1115: It sounds like you’re the problem to be honest. If he loves being a father. Also he has no relationship with your child and never has, so of course his feelings aren’t the same as for a child he has a normal relationship with....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 24, 2018 at 12:45 PM
12 moms liked this

are you sure you aren't a dude

because honestly, you bash women just as much as any guy 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 24, 2018 at 12:45 PM
Join the club. I hate my children's father and unfortunately we are still married and living together. I can't wait until I leave the asshole.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 24, 2018 at 12:46 PM
4 moms liked this
So change your mind and take him to court for child support.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He walked away while I was pregnant and didn't want any part of it. How am I the problem? I even agreed to not take him to court for child support (stupid, I know). I just wanted him to establish a father/son bond! I've begged for years but he always has an excuse. He's a deadbeat!

HOT4TCHR
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 12:47 PM
He's always carrying on about deadbeat dads...on social media?

Don't text while driving.

---Janice---

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 24, 2018 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Well this is a site for women, if this was a site for men and they were posting the stupid shit I read on here, I would tell them like it is too....

Quoting Anonymous 2:

are you sure you aren't a dude

because honestly, you bash women just as much as any guy 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)