Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you find this strange?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
Today, I was supposed to have a package from Amazon delivered. I kind of forgot about the package coming and we left for the day. I did get a notification for its delivery earlier in the day. When we pulled in it was pretty dark and it didn’t seem to be on the porch but it could be the mailbox. We were getting them kids in and letting the dogs out and I took the baby upstairs to change her. So we’d been home just a few minutes. The doorbell rang. I had heard DH go in the bathroom just before, so I finished up and ran downstairs to answer it. As I was opening the door, DH walked out of the bathroom and was standing there with me. The person initially seemed startled and then asked if my name was ... which I said yes. Then he hands me a package and said it had gotten missed in the days delivery and his boss sent him to drop it off. He was in his own vehicle. It was like 6:30...seeming a bit late for mail service. (USPS was the delivery service).

I can’t shake the feeling that something wasn’t right about this situation. Just a few minutes after we had come home...seemed shocked we answered the door yet had plenty of time just to ring the bell and leave it (what usually happens)...the fact that the package notification said it had been delivered quite earlier.

Do you think this was odd?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2018 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roo1234
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 10:00 PM

Nope.  We've had that happen a few times.  Often they want to be able to attest to the fact that they actually handed to a person when aa mistake has been made to protect themselves.  Additionoally, the person was probably on his way home fro work and drew the short straw because he lived the closest.

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Feb. 24, 2018 at 10:02 PM
Yeah it's a little odd, but not impossible. I read an article that says some cities have their carriers scan packages as delivered because late ones affect their ability to keep their Amazon contract. I had a mail man open my door and set a package inside once. It scared the shit out of me, but at least he was in uniform and I knew him.
Happicamper
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 10:05 PM
We had a similar thing happen. Our package was delivered to the wrong address and a mail man went and got it and brought it to our house after hours (or in his way home).
razorbackfan
by BadgerMom on Feb. 24, 2018 at 10:07 PM
It's odd but my mailman leaves my packages on my side door steps or he pulls into my drive and honks for me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 24, 2018 at 10:14 PM
Ive had my usps guy show up at 7ish but in his truck to drop packages off. Here everything needs to be delivered UNLESS a signature is required. Then a notice get left to come sign for it. Maybe he thought his boss wouldnt care then just happened to come as you got home and just drive his car because he wanted to go straight home instead of back to the PO. And from my understanding they have a contract with amazon and items HAVE to be deliveered on time or they lose it.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 10:17 PM
I’ve had it happen, but only when all of the vehicles were gone and they couldn’t leave it like they normally would.

I’ve also had it happen at like 9/10 at night, but it wasn’t our normal delivery guy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 24, 2018 at 10:18 PM
My mailman leaves my packages in my car lol.

Quoting razorbackfan: It's odd but my mailman leaves my packages on my side door steps or he pulls into my drive and honks for me.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Feb. 24, 2018 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
With Amazon, I don’t find that weird at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 24, 2018 at 10:18 PM
No
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 10:22 PM
Nah. Amazon around here often uses Lasership and they have the freaking sketchiest vehicles. I think Amazon outsources shipping to the fullest extent practicable to get packages to their recipients quickly. Convenience is the core part of Amazons business model.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)