Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you take away her space heater?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 138 Replies
DD has a space heater that turns off once the room reaches the temperature the heater is set for.

She has been repeatedly told not to set it to max heat (ninety-nine degrees). But I just checked on her. She was asleep, her room was unbearably hot, and it was again set to max heat. Instead of apologizing, she started whining "okay, okay" and saying to shut her bedroom door because I was letting the cold air out. Which I know might be because she was asleep, but still. Part of me wants to take her door, the other part wants to take her heater. DH says I'm overreacting and just need to sleep.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2018 at 2:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2018 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't allow any space heater in my house.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Feb. 25, 2018 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Feb. 25, 2018 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this
My DD would never have a space heater in her room!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2018 at 2:14 AM

Mobile Photo

It's 46 degrees outside, so it would be mean to not give the kids space heaters. They're good, safe space heaters though. These ones in the picture.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I wouldn't allow any space heater in my house.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 25, 2018 at 2:15 AM
3 moms liked this

Take the space heater out for the night, get some sleep and revist the rules with her tomorrow. 

If she can't abide by the rules, then she wouldn't have it.  That could be unsafe.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2018 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this
It's 46 degrees. That's kind of cold without a heater. They are safe space heaters. Nothing bad can happen from having them.

Except her being a jerk and driving up the electric bill by wasting energy and creating the tropics in her bedroom.

Quoting KendallsMommee: My DD would never have a space heater in her room!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 25, 2018 at 2:17 AM

Why would it be mean?  No furnace ?

How many of those do you have because those Dysons are not cheap but I hear they are awesome.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

It's 46 degrees outside, so it would be mean to not give the kids space heaters. They're good, safe space heaters though. These ones in the picture.

cheapskatemommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2018 at 2:17 AM

46 above zero is a heatwave for us, lol, my son is 13 and has a space heater. He blasts the heat! I just leave it be, we have been below zero temps for well over a month now. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 25, 2018 at 2:17 AM
I wouldn’t allow it.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Feb. 25, 2018 at 2:18 AM
2 moms liked this
You don't have central heat? Like an actual furnace?

It's 42 and I have my bedroom window open for the record!...lol.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's 46 degrees. That's kind of cold without a heater. They are safe space heaters. Nothing bad can happen from having them.

Except her being a jerk and driving up the electric bill by wasting energy and creating the tropics in her bedroom.
Quoting KendallsMommee: My DD would never have a space heater in her room!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)