Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mixed ppl are mixed not black

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
Inam tired of ppl.just forgetting about the white parent. Have you seen a real black person next to a mixed person? The mixed clearly looks mixed. Although we push for biracial and check 2 or more races. You have ignorant ppl that can't except this. No one saying they aren't half black but clearly when you mix 2. It's something else.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2018 at 3:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2018 at 3:58 AM
*accept
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 25, 2018 at 3:58 AM
So my son is half black, half white/Mexican. He attends a school that's 96% Hispanic. He's darker than most of them. The other day he told me some kid called him a "racist little white boy". I kind of laughed a little.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 25, 2018 at 4:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Also, back in the day it didn't matter if you were half white. If you were black at all you were black. And clearly this country hasn't overcome racial issues so it still is what it is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 25, 2018 at 4:06 AM
1 mom liked this
We are black. People think they are mixed.
SleuthMaria
by Love a tomb. on Feb. 25, 2018 at 4:11 AM
5 moms liked this

The way I see it, "mixed people" have the right to decide for themselves how they identify. If they wish to identify as the race that's more obvious in their physical appearance, that's fine. If they wish to identify as mixed, that's fine. If they wish to identify as the race that's least obvious in their physical appearance, also fine. If they choose to identify based on which culture they were raised in more, that's fine, too.

If you or your children are being identified by others differently, than you (or they) wish, speak up & correct people every time, or just let it go. You & your kids know who you/they are & those who truly care about you (or them) will make the effort to identify you (or them) they way you/they wish to be identified. 

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2018 at 4:15 AM
1 mom liked this
In the end, unless you are white, you are black. I’m Chinese, Italian, German, Irish, Scottish, Puerto Rican, Spaniard and Black. I’m too dark to be considered white and too light to be considered black and even though I look mostly Hispanic, because I don’t speak Spanish fluently, even they don’t accept me. In the end, I am American and that’s all I care about!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 25, 2018 at 4:17 AM
Kids will be kids and most uneducated kids are jerks...
How old is he??

Just have to educate them
And also have your son tell his teacher if he's being bullied

Noone obviously chooses their skin color so.... His race doesn't make him racist

A kid calling him a "white boy," that's racist. In itself
I'd be at the school finding out what's going on
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 25, 2018 at 4:18 AM
2 moms liked this
What exactly is a "real black person." You do realize that people have different pigmentation regardless of their ethnicity right?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 25, 2018 at 4:23 AM
There's to many cry baby snowflakes also and
To many entitled little pre-madonna bratty rich kids of all races

To many grown up EMO wanna be adults also

Everyone claims to be depressed, mentally ill or something

It's ridiculous!!!

Mixed people have the prettiest skin and eyes

Quoting Anonymous 3: Also, back in the day it didn't matter if you were half white. If you were black at all you were black. And clearly this country hasn't overcome racial issues so it still is what it is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2018 at 4:35 AM
2 moms liked this
What on earth are you talking about?

Quoting Anonymous 5: There's to many cry baby snowflakes also and
To many entitled little pre-madonna bratty rich kids of all races

To many grown up EMO wanna be adults also

Everyone claims to be depressed, mentally ill or something

It's ridiculous!!!

Mixed people have the prettiest skin and eyes

Quoting Anonymous 3: Also, back in the day it didn't matter if you were half white. If you were black at all you were black. And clearly this country hasn't overcome racial issues so it still is what it is.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)