Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adult kids who do things to try and provoke a reaction.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you let your 12 year old fire an AR-15?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 47

View Results

After the school shootings my oldest son, who knows how adamently I feel about the restoraton of the Assault Weapons ban, sent me a photo of my 12 year old grand daughter. They had taken her to a firing range this week and let her fire an AR-15.

Personally, I think it was stupid and wrong and obviously just trying to get a respose. They posted it on FB so needless to say, they did.

But not from me.

They are the parents now. I just wish they would both grow up.

I have nothing against teaching a kid to shoot or gun safety. I hunted when I was younger than her. The difference is that my dad was teaching me gun safety and how to hunt and fish. Her Dad and Mom did this solely to provoke reponses on FB. Until last week neither one of them had ever shown any interest in guns and had never encouraged her to shoot one.

Thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2018 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 25, 2018 at 11:09 AM
I would block him on fb and I distance myself from him. Thus he couldn’t provoke a reaction from me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2018 at 11:11 AM
3 moms liked this

I think you should get over yourself.  Your son's world probably doesn't revolve solely around pissing off mommy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 25, 2018 at 11:13 AM
How do you know they had no interest in gun safety? I know my mom doesn’t like guns so we don’t talk about them with her. She has no idea how many guns we have in our house. And she has no idea that we’ll be teaching our 5 year old to shoot a BB gun soon
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 25, 2018 at 11:16 AM
Instigating while this is an important issue is such a negative.
This is the type of person who shouldn't have a gun - they'll have one because someone told them they should not have it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 25, 2018 at 11:16 AM

In the evidentual civil war over gun rights we are going to

MonarchMom22
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2018 at 11:19 AM

Personally I would never post any photo with any gun on FB.  I would not want to advertise that I have them in the house which might encourage robbery. 

To those who say "well the theif will know you are armed and stay away" I wish that was how things worked. Hundreds of thousands of weapons are reported stolen every year - and that is just those reported.  There is no federal requiremt to report a stolen gun.

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/press/fshbopc0510pr.cfm

An estimated average of 232,400 firearms stolen each year— about 172,000 stolen during burglaries and 60,300 stolen during other property crimes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 25, 2018 at 11:22 AM

If she is being taught how to use it safely I don't see a big deal. Its a good skill to have.

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Feb. 25, 2018 at 11:27 AM
I have no issue with it and mine have.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 25, 2018 at 11:29 AM
My kids agree with my stance on guns. They aren't growing up around guns. What they do as adults with their own children is their business and I don't have Facebook so wouldn't know and wouldn't care.
krazymom2boyz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2018 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Both my 12 and 10 year old have shot an AR, as well as many other types of guns. I don't see a big deal with posting it on Facebook.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)