Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you go see your mom on her birthday ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 152 Replies
Do you expect your adult children to go to your house on your birthday or is a call enough or do you go to your moms house,
My husband gave his mom $100 on her birthday and called her. He is beating himself up about not seeing her in person... I find his behavior odd... I just call my mom and send a gift via mail.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2018 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PacMan80
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2018 at 7:10 PM

My parents live in a small town, so they always come up here for birthdays since there's more restaurants.  We always get together for birthdays.  It helps too that I share a birthday with my dad and my mom and DH's are 4 days a part.  

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 25, 2018 at 7:11 PM
My parents live a 16 hour drive away, so no. I call and send a card, that's it.
Olioxenfree
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2018 at 7:11 PM
I go see my mom on her birthday. I feel that is my duty as her daughter, since I am able to make it happen.
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 25, 2018 at 7:13 PM

Yes, I always see her. I usually bring her cupcakes. 

oliveoil423
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2018 at 7:15 PM
Yes I see my mom on her birthday. My husband my self my three kids, my brother and my dad went camping for her birthday last year. Cause that's what she chose to do for her bday. My oldest daughter is 5 days after my moms birthday.

With hubbys mom she lives 13 hrs away. So we don't get to see her for her birthday. Its been a year since we saw her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2018 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this
My mother is dead. I might go spit on her grave this year for her birthday.
S.M.ile
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2018 at 7:17 PM
My mom is an ocean away... unfortunately I have to miss seeing her (of you don't count Skype calls) most of her birthdays.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Feb. 25, 2018 at 7:18 PM

If she lived closer to me I would definitely go see her... she lives 6 hours away in another state though. Her birthday is tomorrow so I will call her in the morning. We will be at her house Friday so I will give her a gift then. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2018 at 7:20 PM
What the hell lol.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My mother is dead. I might go spit on her grave this year for her birthday.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 25, 2018 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I call her and send a card. We live far away so I can’t just go see her. If we lived close, I would. But since we don’t, I don’t feel bad about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)