Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE: Cheating while I was in rehab

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 107 Replies
I dated my now husband all through college and the last two years of high school.

My first semester of junior year in college my parents pulled me out of school so I could go to rehab for my anorexia.

He never came to visit at all during that time even though the facility was only 30 minutes away. He didn't answer my emails. I figured he just didn't know how to deal with me looking so unhealthy.

When I came back second semester we seemed to go back to normal. We got married senior year. I got pregnant soon after.

We've been married 4 years now.

A few weeks ago he told me he wanted to get something off his chest. It turns out that he slept around some while I was away.

I know it was a confusing time for us both. I can tell he feels guilty about it. I'm not sure what to do now. We have a good life and two kids together.

Where do I go from here?

UPDATE: yesterday morning my husband told me he just found out he got one of the women he cheated with pregnant. So he has another son.

He's sleeping in the guest house as of right now. I'm trying to figure out the best thing to do.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2018 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
I.Am.Jester
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 10:43 AM
17 moms liked this

He should have kept this to himself.  Its so very nice of him to alleviate the guilt he feels by unloading it on you to deal with.  I'd be more pissed that he even told me....what is to be gained from it if he is faithful to you as a husband?

He was being selfish when he cheated, and he is being selfish telling you.  You married a self-centered, selfish man.

Tracylynn100
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 10:44 AM

In my opinion he never should have told you if he is truly sorry and doesn't intend to do it again.  It doesn't change what happened and it hurts you not to mention putting your marriage at risk.  Anyway if you can forgive and move on that is what I would do, if you cannot you will both be bitter and miserable.  I really hope this works out well for you.

GeansandZucj.
by on Mar. 8, 2018 at 10:44 AM
McDonald's?
I.Am.Jester
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL....maybe Disneyland is better

Quoting GeansandZucj.: McDonald's?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2018 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Then to London

Manic_Sinner
by 5/27/2018🤰🏽 on Mar. 8, 2018 at 10:46 AM
Depends...can you get over it and move on or not?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2018 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Although it is old to him, this is new to you and you will  need to have time to process and work thourgh things. I would recomend speaking to a therapist to help you both work through it so you can move on and come out stronger. Good luck! 

QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 10:49 AM
Why did he even tell you. What a moron.
Is there a second show that’s dropping here ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2018 at 10:49 AM
I almost wish I didn't know. I had no idea at the time and I never would have accused him of anything.

Quoting I.Am.Jester:

He should have kept this to himself.  Its so very nice of him to alleviate the guilt he feels by unloading it on you to deal with.  I'd be more pissed that he even told me....what is to be gained from it if he is faithful to you as a husband?

He was being selfish when he cheated, and he is being selfish telling you.  You married a self-centered, selfish man.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2018 at 10:49 AM
What?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)