Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She's lying about EVERYTHING

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 136 Replies
Dd8, that is. She claims she didn't go to school one day, she did. She claims she went to the doctors that day, she didn't. She claims everyone at school hates her and bullies her. I ask the teacher and he says she gets along with everyone, her group of desks are always giggling and working together. She says her teacher screamed at her, not raised his voice but screamed. She says the school didn't allow her to eat lunch. At home, every night she's given the option to pack a lunch or eat at school. Once she decided to eat at school (bc she was upset it was almost bedtime and refused to pack). Now the school believes I'm not allowing her to eat at home, that we have no food at home.

I'm at a loss on what to do.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2018 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Mar. 8, 2018 at 3:01 PM
What have you tried?
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 3:02 PM
2 moms liked this
Therapy and discipline for lying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2018 at 3:05 PM
Time outs, grounding, not going to events or friends houses. I'm not a spanker, but I'm becoming frustrated.

She also adds "just kidding" when she knows I've caught her in a lie... or a "woooooww, you don't get it, that's not what I said"

Quoting Ted1242: What have you tried?
Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 3:05 PM
2 moms liked this
A pic of your fridge would prove you have food. If the school REALLY believes you’re starving the kid, though, get ready for CPS to visit. Helping you clean for the social workers might be a good consequence for lying. Therapy might help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2018 at 3:08 PM
We have 2 fridges, a full deep freezer plus an entire bedroom we call "the store" lol

She has a counselor that goes to school and home who knows how much food we have. But it worries me too, if it continues and gets worse. Like if I ground her and she claims I'm beating her!

Quoting Rhodin: A pic of your fridge would prove you have food. If the school REALLY believes you’re starving the kid, though, get ready for CPS to visit. Helping you clean for the social workers might be a good consequence for lying. Therapy might help.
veggiemom474
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

She's probably just going through a phase. 8 yr old's lie a lot!  I'd be having a lot of talks with her about it, and be in contact with the school so they know you're not neglectful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2018 at 3:11 PM
No. Idk if I can intentionally lie. But maybe something like that is needed, and do that mocking "just kidding" thing she does.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Your kid is a freak.

Have you tried lying to HER? about something important or something that would ultimately hurt her feelings?

veggiemom474
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 3:11 PM
2 moms liked this

you're a freak for aclling an 8 yr old a freak.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Your kid is a freak.

Have you tried lying to HER? about something important or something that would ultimately hurt her feelings?

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 3:12 PM

SMH. 

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Your kid is a freak.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2018 at 3:12 PM
This phase is driving me crazy! The school knows, I talk with her teacher almost weekly about things supposedly happening in class to find out they aren't.

Quoting veggiemom474:

She's probably just going through a phase. 8 yr old's lie a lot!  I'd be having a lot of talks with her about it, and be in contact with the school so they know you're not neglectful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)