Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE I lied about my child's vaccine status

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 554 Replies
7 moms liked this
My daughter got invited to a birthday party for a friend of hers from school. I texted the mom to RSVP and she texted me back a list of questions. Some I thought were actually kinda thoughtful like if she had a food allergy or was frightened by animals (there was going to be a petting zoo there.) Then she asked if my daughter had all of her vaccines and if she had already had a yearly check up. I didn't respond for quite sometime as this was very odd to me. You don't just get to know peoples medical info. She texted back and said if she isn't up to date she would need to get them before attending the party because she doesn't allow her child to play with unvaccinated children. This pissed me off. So you know what I did. I told her of course she has had all of the ones she needs. (She has had every one of them that she needs, which is 0) I plan to take her to the party and then mention after words to this mom that she hasn't had any and that our kids play everyday at school together. Call me petty but she pissed me off.

****Update**** 

We went to the party and the kids had a blast. I decided to just leave it and not say anything else to the mom. Two other kids were there that I know are not vaxxed as well. Plus I'm sure with as many people that were at the park today many more. 🤷‍♀️
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2018 at 6:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2018 at 6:25 AM
Hmmm.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Mar. 9, 2018 at 6:26 AM
21 moms liked this

While I think the mother is being extreme, I think you are wrong to lie. IF this even happened.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2018 at 6:28 AM
2 moms liked this
Really I should have said I misled her about it. Technically I didn't lie. I said she had all that she needs which is true. She needs none.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

While I think the mother is being extreme, I think you are wrong to lie. IF this even happened.

krisnkids
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2018 at 6:28 AM
56 moms liked this
And if the birthday child has a compromised immune system, you are putting her health at risk. People like your piss me off. Go live in the middle of nowhere if you don’t want to immunize your child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2018 at 6:29 AM
Maybe I won't tell her after the party. Just keep letting them play together and I'm sure she will figure it out eventually. I'm pretty oepn about it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Wow you're a horrible person
nikabear
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2018 at 6:30 AM
Smdh
Dallasleigh15
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2018 at 6:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Keep your cool with the mom. You don't want your child to lose her friend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 9, 2018 at 6:32 AM
23 moms liked this
If you are so proud to have an unvaccinated child, you would have no reason to lie. You know your choices have some consequences. That's why parents have to ask questions like this now. You suck for being a liar.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2018 at 6:32 AM
7 moms liked this
Well I'd ask but it's pretty rude to ask about someone's medical history. The only way I'm putting her child at risk is if my child is sick. Vaccinated or not it's common sense and courtesy to keep your child home while sick.

She would be more of threat to her if I was to vaccinate her and then take her due to shedding from vaccines.

I don't think the child has a compromised immune system but really it doesn't change anything. My son is immunocompromised and none of us are vaccinated in our home anymore.

Quoting krisnkids: And if the birthday child has a compromised immune system, you are putting her health at risk. People like your piss me off. Go live in the middle of nowhere if you don’t want to immunize your child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2018 at 6:34 AM
Sure I do. So she can go to her friends party and so I can prove to this women that she is crazy. You can't keep your child from playing with kids who aren't vaccinated.

Quoting Anonymous 4: If you are so proud to have an unvaccinated child, you would have no reason to lie. You know your choices have some consequences. That's why parents have to ask questions like this now. You suck for being a liar.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)