Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you know?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2018 at 1:46 PM
  • 26 Replies
That debit cards don't like MRI machines? And that a stupid bank will take more than 2 weeks to deliver a new debit card? And that, when you finally get the stupid card, it will take over an hour on the phone with the stupid bank to finally activate the card? I learned all these things. Doesn't that sound like fun?
by on Mar. 13, 2018 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kcangel63
by on Mar. 13, 2018 at 1:47 PM
That sucks.

My bank prints the card out right there. I’d lose my mind if I had to wait 2 weeks and then activate it in the forever phone call.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 13, 2018 at 1:49 PM
I want to say ... you need a new bank. But changing banks is such a hassle...

At my bank, I can walk in and say “I need a new debit card” and walk out with one in 10 minutes. I know this because debit cards don’t like being chewed on by puppies, either. 😉
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2018 at 1:51 PM
Oh no. I can walk in to my credit union and get a debit card and have it activated right then and there.

Two weeks time is unacceptable.
CannotCount
by It's Misspelt on Mar. 13, 2018 at 1:51 PM
You couldn’t just go into the bank and get a new debit card? I’ve never had to wait for a replacement.
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2018 at 1:52 PM
You brought a bank card around a giant fucking magnet, and are surprised at the outcome?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 13, 2018 at 1:52 PM
Wow! We bank out of state and havent had trouble like this. What a pain in the ass!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 13, 2018 at 1:54 PM

Why 2 weeks? I get mine overnighted and it takes a matter of minutes to activate.

What shitty bank you have?

Quoting krazymom2boyz: That debit cards don't like MRI machines? And that a stupid bank will take more than 2 weeks to deliver a new debit card? And that, when you finally get the stupid card, it will take over an hour on the phone with the stupid bank to finally activate the card? I learned all these things. Doesn't that sound like fun?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 13, 2018 at 1:57 PM

You had the card in your pocket or on your person?  i'm confused.

I don't live anywhere near a bank that will print out a debit card as I wait. 

Hope you are feeling better and have been given a third option.  Thinking of you

krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2018 at 1:57 PM
I wasn't surprised at the outcome, I was surprised I left the damn thing in my pocket. Lol

Quoting AngryBob: You brought a bank card around a giant fucking magnet, and are surprised at the outcome?
spookly
by >:(  on Mar. 13, 2018 at 1:58 PM

Me too, lol. It's great because I'm always freaking losing or accidentally breaking my damn card. In fact, I need to go get a new one since my wallet was stolen. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Oh no. I can walk in to my credit union and get a debit card and have it activated right then and there. Two weeks time is unacceptable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)