Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having a problem with my co-workers and it's making me really uncomfortable

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 196 Replies
1 mom liked this

Here's a little back story before I get to the uncomfortable part. Me and these 2 co-workers have never gotten along but they're really good friends. One of the reasons that we don't really get along is because Stacy (that isn't her actual name) has complained to HR about me taking things from her work area. It's an open area and many of us are friendly enough and don't mind if someone borrows something from us, so long as they give it back. Well Stacy is the only one who has a problem with this. 

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed Stacy and her friend Candice (also not her real name) would be joking around and when I came into the area, they'd get quiet and change the subject or leave the area all together. I know neither of them like me and I'm okay with that. Well earlier today, I needed something and nobody else had it so believing that we could be cordial because we are co-workers, I went to Stacy's desk. She wasn't there so I figured I would use it really quickly, put it back, no harm done. As I was picking it up, Stacy comes and takes it from me and says "you didn't ask to use this colonizer" and took it right out of my hand. I don't know why but that really hurt my feelings. I don't even understand what she means by colonizer. I expressed my feelings to her and she said that the things on her desk were paid for out of her pocket and she will not lend them out to anyone then she did a hand movement, basically telling me to go away. As she did that, she says "now go away". This is not the first time she's called me a colonizer and I don't like it. It hurts. I've never experienced this form of bullying before. I don't even understand what's going on. Advice, please!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2018 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Mar. 15, 2018 at 1:25 PM
19 moms liked this

Keep your hands off her things.  You know she doesn't like to share and I would be pissed if you kept taking things off my desk too.  

krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2018 at 1:26 PM
6 moms liked this
Harsh truth time, you knew already she didn't like things being taken off her desk. You instigated the issue this time. While she was rude in her response, i don't see it as bullying since you were rude by taking something of hers. Lesson learned, don't take things of hers and go on about your work. I'm sorry it hurt your feelings.
AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2018 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you white and they’re not ? Colonizer ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2018 at 1:28 PM

it sounds like shes recially bullying you i would go to hr . what is your nationality ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2018 at 1:29 PM
4 moms liked this
You knew she didn't like people touching her stuff and yet you still went ahead and touched her stuff. You were wrong. Just because your other co-workers don't care doesn't mean she doesn't and you knew that but did it anyways.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 15, 2018 at 1:30 PM
5 moms liked this
The average 3 year old understands the concept of "If it's not yours, don't touch it ". You're an adult. Why don't YOU understand that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 15, 2018 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
How in the fuck did you get that out of this post?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

it sounds like shes recially bullying you i would go to hr . what is your nationality ?

PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Mar. 15, 2018 at 1:31 PM
6 moms liked this

It is rude to take something off someone's desk without permission. That's office etiquette 101.  I don't care if you say you put it back after you are done, that desk is Stacy's space and it would be like Stacy going to your home and rifling through your lingerie drawer or closet. If you don't have an office supply item to do your job, go to the office supply closet to  get it or ask the OA to order it for you.  Do not take it off of someone's desk when they're not there.

cheekacheeka
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2018 at 1:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Lol, you know she doesn't like you but you took something off her desk without asking anyway? No wonder they don't like you...

Damn_Pixi
by Morgie on Mar. 15, 2018 at 1:32 PM
8 moms liked this

Um... how about you keep your fucking hands off her shit?

You seem like an entitled, whiny, ass.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)