Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its laser treatments not a boob job.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 195 Replies

My dd's dr recommended it because she has to shave her armpits nearly every day which was causing skin tags under there. She got her third treatment on her armpits done Monday and went to her dad's house Tuesday. She had a reaction to it and asked her dad for aloe when he went to the store (its what they suggested), she also uses an aloe cream after she gets her eyebrows threaded. 

When he got home, he badgered her to know why she needed it to the point she called me and told me to come get her. He was livid when he found out it was laser treatments. He got pissed when she started threading her brows too, I don't get it. It's small cosmetic things, not boobs jobs and facelifts.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2018 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Mar. 15, 2018 at 3:32 PM
Umm....ok.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 15, 2018 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Dads can be fickle creatures 

young_lv_mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2018 at 3:33 PM
How old is she? I ask because I could see getting upset over his 12 year old having that stuff done, let her grow some kind of thing. But if the child is more like 17 then I agree with you. However has the laser treatment helped her? Is the reaction worse then the tags? Just wondering because I have been thinking of getting mine done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2018 at 3:35 PM

she'll be 18 in September.

its helped a lot, the dr cut the tags off and the reaction is just mild redness that kinda itches.

Quoting young_lv_mom: How old is she? I ask because I could see getting upset over his 12 year old having that stuff done, let her grow some kind of thing. But if the child is more like 17 then I agree with you. However has the laser treatment helped her? Is the reaction worse then the tags? Just wondering because I have been thinking of getting mine done.

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 15, 2018 at 3:37 PM
4 moms liked this

So she is almost an adult she needs to maturely speak to her dad about it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2018 at 3:38 PM

she doesn't need to tell him anything.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 15, 2018 at 3:41 PM
4 moms liked this

He is dad, yes actually she does.  It is still a medical procedure she is asking him to buy her things for after care instead of doing it herself or you doing it for her, if she didn't want to explain.  He has questions rightfully so, she needs to sit down as a mature adult and talk with him.  Pretty simple actually.  You're wrong on this one.  

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2018 at 3:44 PM

she uses the aloe after she shaves her crotch too. should she tell him why she needs it then?

Quoting fullxbusymom:

He is dad, yes actually she does.  It is still a medical procedure she is asking him to buy her things for after care instead of doing it herself or you doing it for her, if she didn't want to explain.  He has questions rightfully so, she needs to sit down as a mature adult and talk with him.  Pretty simple actually.  You're wrong on this one.  

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2018 at 3:45 PM
I would’ve just told him about it beforehand.

ETA forget it I thought she was like 12, not turning 18.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2018 at 3:47 PM

why does he need to know about it? should she announce she shaved her crotch too?

Quoting Anonymous 3: I would’ve just told him about it beforehand.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)