Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My boyfriend’s ex wife:

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 149 Replies
Is being a c*nt about letting him see her son.

Back story:

He met her when she was pregnant. (The biological father does not know he has a child.) They were together for 2 years, then got married, and were married for a little under 6 years. Anyway, he’s the only father the kid has known. He has no legal rights to him, but is still a very active part of his life, and pays child support voluntarily.

Everything was fine until he met me, aka got a girlfriend. (1 1/2 yrs after his divorce.) She’s pissed bc she wanted them to get back together. (They divorced bc she cheated on him with his best friend.)

Now, she won’t let him see her son unless she’s there, and even at that, it’s for like 30 mins, once a weekend.

I get it, he’s her child, but I think it’s shitty.

No real point to this post. Just think she’s a crappy person. She’s hurting her son and she’s too selfish to care.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2018 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WickedPissah
by stomie on Mar. 16, 2018 at 9:57 PM
Poor kid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2018 at 9:58 PM
13 moms liked this
Your boyfriend needs to walk away and stop paying child support for a child that's not his. (I can't believe this needs to be said, it's very obvious.)
1kidmomajm
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2018 at 9:58 PM

I guess she sees no future for her son with the ex. She probably doesn't want the connection if the ex is out of her life. It all just depends on what she is telling her son. Wonder if he will move on or if he misses the guy. He won't learn any stability if she does it again though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2018 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
The boy loves him and asks why his mom is acting like this. They aren’t blood father/son, but the kid is 8, and loves his dad. It’s not like he’s 2-3 and won’t have any memories of him.

Quoting 1kidmomajm:

I guess she sees no future for her son with the ex. She probably doesn't want the connection if the ex is out of her life. It all just depends on what she is telling her son. Wonder if he will move on or if he misses the guy. He won't learn any stability if she does it again though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2018 at 10:04 PM
He would never do that. He loves his son and would never walk away from him.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Your boyfriend needs to walk away and stop paying child support for a child that's not his. (I can't believe this needs to be said, it's very obvious.)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2018 at 10:05 PM
Your boyfriend should've done the right thing and adopted the child then.

Bio dad should also know he has a kid too unless yes abusive.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Is being a c*nt about letting him see her son.

Back story:

He met her when she was pregnant. (The biological father does not know he has a child.) They were together for 2 years, then got married, and were married for a little under 6 years. Anyway, he’s the only father the kid has known. He has no legal rights to him, but is still a very active part of his life, and pays child support voluntarily.

Everything was fine until he met me, aka got a girlfriend. (1 1/2 yrs after his divorce.) She’s pissed bc she wanted them to get back together. (They divorced bc she cheated on him with his best friend.)

Now, she won’t let him see her son unless she’s there, and even at that, it’s for like 30 mins, once a weekend.

No real point to this post. Just think she’s a crappy person. She’s hurting her son and she’s too selfish to care.
happymia
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2018 at 10:05 PM
4 moms liked this
Courts do recognize psychological parents and will grant a custody order. He needs to take her to court
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 16, 2018 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
It sucks but maybe he needs to walk away. He shouldn’t have to pay child support either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2018 at 10:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Fyi, the courts have ruled in a step parents favor for visitation so maybe he should get a lawyer.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Is being a c*nt about letting him see her son.

Back story:

1kidmomajm
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2018 at 10:07 PM

Doesn't sound like mom is handling it well

Quoting Anonymous 1: The boy loves him and asks why his mom is acting like this. They aren’t blood father/son, but the kid is 8, and loves his dad. It’s not like he’s 2-3 and won’t have any memories of him.
Quoting 1kidmomajm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)