Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you know any black homeschooling moms?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies
I’m black and I have been homeschooling for 3 years. We live in a fairly diverse area but there seems to be no diversity in the homeschooling groups.

It’s just an observation. It makes no difference, we are happy with all of our pale faced brothers and sisters too. Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2018 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Mar. 17, 2018 at 12:05 AM
I don’t know any homeschooling mothers of any color.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 17, 2018 at 12:05 AM
Lol yes
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Mar. 17, 2018 at 12:07 AM
I don’t know anyone who homeschools.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 17, 2018 at 12:07 AM
Honestly, no. But in my area, most of the home schoolers are evangelical Christians who are home schooling their children to protect them from the godless heathens in public school and the inevitable invasion of my land locked red state by Muslims.
😂😂😂😂
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Mar. 17, 2018 at 12:10 AM
We actually have a homeschool group in our area called African American homeschoolers of Charlotte near me. I don't know how big it is but I know it exists.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 17, 2018 at 12:12 AM

I have met a couple. In fact...I have a group and the most recent person to join was black....I haven't actually met her yet though.

LaughinTattoo7
by Frenchy on Mar. 17, 2018 at 12:12 AM

All the homeschool parents I know/knew are religious country bumpkins....so no lol

TheRaz
by Liz on Mar. 17, 2018 at 12:12 AM
Yes I do. My area is not icredibly diverse but we do have a large homeschooling population.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 17, 2018 at 12:12 AM
Nope, the only ones I've ever encountered are white middle class. Usually religious.

Olioxenfree
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 12:17 AM
I don't homeschool, but I organize a homeschool event for one of my son's extracurricular programs and most of the families are white. The event takes place in a very diverse nearby city, but out of the 100 or so families who take part, about 10 of them are black, 2 are white-Hispanic, and zero are Asian.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)