Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cut from the team

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2018 at 10:40 AM
  • 28 Replies
Both of my sons play travel baseball. Travel ball is a whole different thing than rec ball. You have to try out and you have to sign a contract. All players and their parents must sign the contract. Today the coach cut 2 boys from the team. Why? Because family was visiting and they missed a weeks worth of practice. They have already been replaced. Now dad and mom are arguing with the coaches and each other over it. Guess they should have paid attention to what they signed
by on Mar. 17, 2018 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 17, 2018 at 10:42 AM
Someone should sue them for what they've put the team through
Talkingheads
by Emerald Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 10:43 AM
They are about to be banned

Quoting Anonymous 1: Someone should sue them for what they've put the team through
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 17, 2018 at 10:44 AM
That's not good enough.

Quoting Talkingheads: They are about to be banned

Quoting Anonymous 1: Someone should sue them for what they've put the team through
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 10:48 AM
If it was in the contract that missing practice would be reason to be cut , then that's life . I love how these parents think the contract doesn't apply to them.
Talkingheads
by Emerald Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 12:55 PM
Its ridiculous. They know that the only acceptable reason to miss practice is illness or death of immediate family remember. Its spelled out in the contract

Quoting lucky2Beeme: If it was in the contract that missing practice would be reason to be cut , then that's life . I love how these parents think the contract doesn't apply to them.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Mar. 17, 2018 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Obviously it's on them for signing the contract, but, I can't imagine the importance of this in the first place. Is there money or sponsorship involved? Does this tie into college or pro careers?  What is the benefit to the kids and the coaches to be so wrapped up in it? Just curious, not bashing.

Talkingheads
by Emerald Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 1:05 PM
Its pretty much the only way to play after 3rd grade

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Obviously it's on them for signing the contract, but, I can't imagine the importance of this in the first place. Is there money or sponsorship involved? Does this tie into college or pro careers?  What is the benefit to the kids and the coaches to be so wrapped up in it? Just curious, not bashing.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 17, 2018 at 1:11 PM

They screwed up and the kids deserve to be cut from the team

mjande4
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 1:14 PM

This is a sign of the "everybody deserves a trophy for showing up" mentality. There are guidelines and rules in place for a reason. It weeds out those who aren't going to cut it. Good for the coach.

sadness21
by on Mar. 17, 2018 at 1:30 PM

Family visiting is no excuse to miss practice, family can tag along and sit there for an hour or two cheering them on. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)