Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I would never have a biological child on purpose

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies
I don’t understand why anyone would but that’s their choice.

Anyone else make the choice to only adopt instead of giving birth?

1) stop asking “what if” or saying I couldn’t have adopted if everyone did. While that’s true, you and I both know that’s not how the world works. There are always going to be babies born no matter what I think.

2) I am not calling any of you bio moms selfish. The act of purposely bringing another kid in to this world is selfish. Sorry but it is. That doesn’t make you a selfish person. We all do selfish things every day and that doesn’t make us selfish people.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2018 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 17, 2018 at 11:51 PM
No out of curiosity why?
fiddlerbird555
by on Mar. 17, 2018 at 11:51 PM

My former tax preparer (I moved out of state). She had one bio child and decided not for her, but she had another by adoption.  I wasn't close enough to know whether her birth was that bad or what. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 17, 2018 at 11:51 PM
I had 2 on purpose. Because I wanted to.

My husband and his brother were adopted on purpose.

People make their decisions for their own reasons.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 17, 2018 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
This is the best troll you could come me up with? Back to the drawing board for you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 17, 2018 at 11:52 PM
4 moms liked this
How do you not understand why anyone would? Because it's a choice different from yours you can't understand it? I've never adopted but I understand why people would make that choice.

What a stupid thing to say.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 17, 2018 at 11:52 PM
Not me. I know plenty who have adopted because they are unable to conceive or who have adopted and had their own bio kids. I know none who only adopted by choice. Nothing wrong with any of the above, though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 17, 2018 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I don’t understand why anyone would want a biological child?! It’s human nature to want to reproduce . Adoption is not an easy process .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 17, 2018 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
If everyone adopted there wouldn't be enough kids to go around, so you're welcome.

and no, I didnt adopt, I was adopted and had no blood relatives. I wanted to experience that by having my own kids.

Also, as an adopted child, it can be very traumatic for the kid to not have a bio family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2018 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I personally feel like it’s selfish. I don’t mean to be offensive, that’s just my opinion.

Quoting Anonymous 2: No out of curiosity why?
Ashgambit
by Boomstick on Mar. 17, 2018 at 11:54 PM
I understand wanting a biological child. I also understand wanting to adopt. To each their own.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)