Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you tell your older children

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
I just found out I’m pregnant with my second. Ds is 6. He’s been asking for a sibling for a few years and now it appears to be a big possibility. I’m definitely planning on waiting until after my first prenatal appointment. How long after I’m not quite sure yet. I don’t see my doctor for another month yet.

How far along were you when you told your older child they’re going to be a big sibling?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:51 PM
Right before I planned to tell other people in case they slipped up and said something. I didn't want them having to keep something exciting like that a secret so I waited till I was ready for people to know and then told them first since I felt like they should know before everyone else.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:51 PM
Bump for you, I have an only child
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:52 PM
My son was 14 mths when I got pregnant w his sister so he just saw me get really fat and then a little annoying nemesis arrived and she's driven him crazy every since. Sorry im no help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:53 PM
That’s what I was thinking. I don’t want to ask him to keep a secret and I don’t want to tell anyone else and have them say something to him.

I did tell my mom because I tell her everything lol.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Right before I planned to tell other people in case they slipped up and said something. I didn't want them having to keep something exciting like that a secret so I waited till I was ready for people to know and then told them first since I felt like they should know before everyone else.
zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:55 PM
My son was 5 when I found out I was pregnant with his sister. I was out of the state when I found out. I called hub after I had taken 3 years to confirm it, I was in denial lol. I had planned on waiting until after my diet trimester to tell my son, but I forgot to mention that to my hubby lol. So he told our son immediately
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:55 PM
Lol! I wish I would have had kids a little closer together. My six year old is so easy. I’m absolutely thrilled but I keep thinking about diapers and bottles and labor!

Quoting Anonymous 3: My son was 14 mths when I got pregnant w his sister so he just saw me get really fat and then a little annoying nemesis arrived and she's driven him crazy every since. Sorry im no help.
kcangel63
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:56 PM
I wait until at least 12-14 weeks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:57 PM
Pretty much. I was pregnant before the baby was 6 months old.

Quoting Anonymous 3: My son was 14 mths when I got pregnant w his sister so he just saw me get really fat and then a little annoying nemesis arrived and she's driven him crazy every since. Sorry im no help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:58 PM
My kids knew because I couldn't stop throwing up. It's a pretty big give away. Mom throwing up 24/7 for weeks.
Traci_Momof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2018 at 1:00 PM

Bump.  Mine are 26 mo apart.  I don't think he really understood or even cared what I was telling him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)