Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not sure why we should care

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 230 Replies
My Sil is an older FTM. She is 38 and has a 1 yo son. She's not accepting her reality very well. Right now she is pissed because my grown kids RSVP no to the birthday. She is pissed because my husband and I said no to traveling across the US for the birthday. She was pissed because her child will never have the huge family christmas's that my children enjoyed. She is pissed because she had no one but her husband at the hospital when she gave birth. She gets pissed to learn that we travel to see our grandchildren and not her child.For some odd reason she believes we should be stand in grandparents for her child and hates that we have no interest in doing so. Well this is the life you chose. You need to deal with it
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2018 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2018 at 2:12 PM
I would travel to see my nieces and nephews but not all the time. I would be upset if I missed their births too. My sister and I are super close, though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2018 at 2:14 PM
What were we supposed to do? Take a whole month off of work to sit around and wait for her to give birth?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would travel to see my nieces and nephews but not all the time. I would be upset if I missed their births too. My sister and I are super close, though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2018 at 2:16 PM
2 moms liked this
No. But if it were me, the second she went into labor, I would be on my way. I would let work know, in advance, that I would be leaving to be there and her due date so they would have a general idea. That's me, though.

Quoting Anonymous 1: What were we supposed to do? Take a whole month off of work to sit around and wait for her to give birth?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would travel to see my nieces and nephews but not all the time. I would be upset if I missed their births too. My sister and I are super close, though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2018 at 2:16 PM
8 moms liked this
What an idiot, she should have started having kids when she was 14.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2018 at 2:17 PM
Yeah our jobs don't allow that. They require 6 weeks notice for vacations

Quoting Anonymous 2: No. But if it were me, the second she went into labor, I would be on my way. I would let work know, in advance, that I would be leaving to be there and her due date so they would have a general idea. That's me, though.

Quoting Anonymous 1: What were we supposed to do? Take a whole month off of work to sit around and wait for her to give birth?

PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Mar. 18, 2018 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe she should move closer to family. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2018 at 2:19 PM
I would give them 6 months notice of a general idea of when I would be leaving. But like I said, that's me. Not everyone feels the same.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah our jobs don't allow that. They require 6 weeks notice for vacations

Quoting Anonymous 2: No. But if it were me, the second she went into labor, I would be on my way. I would let work know, in advance, that I would be leaving to be there and her due date so they would have a general idea. That's me, though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2018 at 2:20 PM
I never said that. But its ridiculous to expect that your kid will have the same experiences as others when its impossible. My kids had grandparents because they were born while they were still alive. She deliberately waited until she was older and when all the grandparents had died before starting to have children. This is on her

Quoting Anonymous 3: What an idiot, she should have started having kids when she was 14.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2018 at 2:22 PM

What is the backstory here? Why are you guys not closer?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 18, 2018 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I always took advantage of any opportunity to bring my daughter and her cousins together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)