Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this look like a typical mole to you?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2018 at 3:29 PM
  • 44 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I hadn't really noticed this until recently, maybe a couple of months ago. So, I'm not sure how long it's been there. His dad has lots of dark moles. So, I didn't think much of it. But, the more I look at it, the more I start letting myself wonder if it could be abnormal. It's the only one he has on his body. It isn't changing or anything. He uses sunscreen, but I'm not sure how well it gets up so far into his hairline.

I'm going to schedule his 5 year check up. I'll ask the doctor about it then. I was just wondering if this looks normal to others, especially those with kids that have a medium complexion.
by on Mar. 18, 2018 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Mar. 18, 2018 at 3:38 PM

I don't have a lot of moles.  So I'm not a mole expert.  But I would get it evaluated by a dermatologist to be sure.

Fat.Bottom.Girl
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2018 at 3:54 PM
We'll talk to his pediatrician and see if we need a referral. I sometimes forget it is there and I'll see it and think it is a tick.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I don't have a lot of moles.  So I'm not a mole expert.  But I would get it evaluated by a dermatologist to be sure.

left.drowning
by Fix Me on Mar. 18, 2018 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't rush to the dr but I would ask at the next check up.
Masterchefmom
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 18, 2018 at 3:57 PM
I'd take him into the doctor ASAP. I don't mess around with anything that could be skin cancer. Better to be safe than sorry
alli1204
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2018 at 3:58 PM
It’s pretty dark and has an irregular edge (from what i can tell). I would ask the pedi about it next time you’re there. It’s probably nothing, but better safe than sorry.
Fat.Bottom.Girl
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2018 at 3:58 PM
That's how I feel about it.

Quoting left.drowning: I wouldn't rush to the dr but I would ask at the next check up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 18, 2018 at 4:01 PM

Mobile Photo

I thought we were going to be talking about something like this...
Fat.Bottom.Girl
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2018 at 4:02 PM
The thought is pretty scary. I had a friend pass away from metastatic melanoma not long ago. They never found a point of origin on her skin. It was all inside and in her brain when it was discovered. :( I'm going to call and schedule his checkup tomorrow and let them know we need to get a mole looked at.

Quoting Masterchefmom: I'd take him into the doctor ASAP. I don't mess around with anything that could be skin cancer. Better to be safe than sorry
tapestryweaver
by Member on Mar. 18, 2018 at 4:03 PM

My dh has lots of moles. He sees a dermatologist regularly and that doctor just looks at them and says " that one  is fine, these are coming off now." Yet those ones to come off are the ones dh and I thought were okay! 

Fat.Bottom.Girl
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2018 at 4:04 PM
It is really dark, but so are his dad's. The shape does look odd to me, too. It keeps catching my attention and has started to make me worry that it isn't normal.

Quoting alli1204: It’s pretty dark and has an irregular edge (from what i can tell). I would ask the pedi about it next time you’re there. It’s probably nothing, but better safe than sorry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)