Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why would you keep a pending birth a secret.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies

A friend just posted to facebook a picture of her new baby, born a week ago that she kept the pregnancy hidden from everyone except the father. Now she wonders why no one wants to come see the baby. 

It wasn't adoption, I said... "I had no idea you were trying to adopt" the only reason I would think it was such a surprise.

Her family are very hurt.

I don't live in the same town so last time I saw her was a few months a go and I did wonder if she was pregnant but she implied she just needed to go to the gym.

Has anyone you known ever kept a whole pregnancy a secret? 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2018 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 18, 2018 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I’d never do that. I actually love my family though, and want them involved in the exciting moments of my life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2018 at 8:19 PM
If i were to get pregnant right now, it would be kept a secret.

My twins birth was kept a secret. The only people who knew were my now ex, my mom, grandma, and my horrid ex mil. We didnt post pictures or make an announcement until after my oldest had gotten back to the hospital and held the girls and my grandma held them. Yeah, that pissed my now ex mil off.
kcangel63
by on Mar. 18, 2018 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My last we didn’t say anything on fb until birth. This one we haven’t either. I’m due in April.

The only people who knew/currently know are friends I see irl, my dh/kids, and my parents. Although my inlaws did just find out last week.
MenopauseManiac
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2018 at 8:20 PM

Just because she didn’t tell you doesn’t mean she kept it a secret.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2018 at 8:21 PM
Maybe they thought she might lose it or give it up?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2018 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe she didn’t want everyone’s opinions, or her family is toxic. Maybe she just didn’t feel the need to announce it.

We didn’t splash all over social media that we were pregnant. We didn’t post anything until after our baby was born and we were home, too.
Valentina327
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2018 at 8:24 PM
Why? Was it specifically to keep MIL away?

Quoting Anonymous 2: If i were to get pregnant right now, it would be kept a secret.

My twins birth was kept a secret. The only people who knew were my now ex, my mom, grandma, and my horrid ex mil. We didnt post pictures or make an announcement until after my oldest had gotten back to the hospital and held the girls and my grandma held them. Yeah, that pissed my now ex mil off.
kseniyad
by on Mar. 18, 2018 at 8:24 PM

I'm Orthodox Jewish and we are a superstitious bunch. Many women don't reveal unless they have to. I didn't except to my family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 18, 2018 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I can think of good reasons to keep the birth a secret. Intrusive, controlling family members is my first thought. There may have been medical problems that caused doubt about carrying to term. Some people are very private about that.
Valentina327
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2018 at 8:25 PM
One of my girlfriends did that. Got knocked up at 20 and just wore baggy sweatshirts which was kind of how she already dressed anyway. She had kind of a jock thing going.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)