Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am VERY CLOSE to leaving my dh after 18 friggin years.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 387 Replies
1 mom liked this

Today he and our 15 year old son got into it.

NOW, I will admit my son can be a total ass right now. The teen years he has become lazy (refusing to help with anything), rude (if you ask him to do something he might ask you why you can't do it), he's been telling us this WILL happen if he wants something, etc. Yes. He has been a TOTAL COMPLETE BUTT.

However. That does NOT in ANY WAY excuse what happened. 

I heard yelling and went downstairs and broke up an all around brawl between them. They were on the floor hitting. The story is this:

Dad asked son to bring dishes out of his room to the kitchen. He did that. But when he got there dad asked him to actually put the dishes into the dishwasher. It wouldn't open so the  boy violently ripped at the door, which knocked a knife which flew and nearly hit son.

Dad told him not to pull like that and said he nearly killed himself. Kid started being mouthy, and said I DIDN'T MEAN TO, in I guess was a rude and nasty tone. He  proceeded to get in dad's face, and stepped towards dad with fists up. Dad told him to back off kid went to hit dad, dad blocked him and smacked him. Son procceeded to punch dad in the face because dad hit first.

Kid grabbed dad's glasses and threw them against the wall, dad was punched kid was punching. 

I came down and broke it the fuck up. I told dad he had NO FUCKING REASON to be hitting him and the KID HAS MARKS AND WE CAN GO TO JAIL AND LOSE ALL OUR KIDS.

I told him I will fucking leave his ass before I allow CPS to take my kids. 

I know our son has been nasty lately, he's a teen and sadly a lot of them get a nasty attitude and get mean about shit. BUT I DON'T CARE BECAUSE DAD'S REACTION WAS NOT OK. 

Dad has marks too, btw, scratches down his face. Kid has a black eye. Dad's arm is bruised up and scratched, so is my son's. They are fucking idiots both of them, but IT NEVER SHOULD HAVE FUCKING HAPPENED.

I have not been away from my kids for one night, if I lose them I would DIE INSIDE. I can't live without my kids.

I may leave either way, but if it ever happened a second time, I'm taking my kids and he can go fuck himself.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2018 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2018 at 12:51 AM

:(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 12:52 AM
85 moms liked this
Um..I agree with your dh.Your Son needs his ass kicked.Btw being that violent and disrespectful isn't " normal" teen behavior.
lalaballet
by Wrapper on Mar. 19, 2018 at 12:53 AM
3 moms liked this
I do get it but at the same time you are excusing your sons behavior?
allycally
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 12:53 AM
6 moms liked this
They both need to go to anger management
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2018 at 12:54 AM

It's ABUSE. And yes, actually, it is. According to his therapist he sees once a week. Lots of teens at this age get very rebellious. And yes, sometimes they end up doing stupid things, like hitting. Dad hit him first though. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Um..I agree with your dh.You Son needs his ass kicked.Btw being that violent and disrespectful isn't " normal" teen behavior.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 12:54 AM
8 moms liked this
Little butthole needs his ass whopped! My dh wouldnt put up with that shit either...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2018 at 12:55 AM

No. He is in therapy, he shouldn't be that way, however, DAD NEEDS TO BE THE ADULT. The teen is just a teen. He is NOT an adult. It's like that movie, night at the museum. Who is EVOLVED?

Quoting lalaballet: I do get it but at the same time you are excusing your sons behavior?

Valentina327
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 12:55 AM
33 moms liked this
He tried to strike his father. I think it's high time someone DID kick his smart ass. Team Dad here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 12:55 AM
15 moms liked this
I've had 3 teen boys not 1 of them ever acted like that.Good luck with that.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

It's ABUSE. And yes, actually, it is. According to his therapist he sees once a week. Lots of teens at this age get very rebellious. And yes, sometimes they end up doing stupid things, like hitting. Dad hit him first though. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Um..I agree with your dh.You Son needs his ass kicked.Btw being that violent and disrespectful isn't " normal" teen behavior.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 12:56 AM
6 moms liked this
Nah, he needed his ass beat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)