Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Updated: using drugs while pregnant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 106 Replies
My sd is 24 and just found out she is 2 and a half months pregnant...as excited as I am, we are all worried sick about this baby. Sd likes to party and has openly talked to me about some recreational drug use. Her and I are very close and she’s always been able to open up to me. After she showed me her sonogram picture, she broke down crying. She was so excited, as were we, so I was confused...she went on to tell dh and I that for the last few months she’s been drinking and doing cocaine and some even Xanax..I believe her when she says it isn’t an everyday thing and I know how excited she is to be a mother..we are all just terrified at this point for the baby’s health. I know she will get right for this child, at least I hope and will help make sure she does..I know how devastating this will be if something were to happen and i know the possibility of her losing the baby is high. I guess this is more of a venting post, but it’s some bittersweet scary news and we are just overwhelmed. Praying for the best I just hope they are both ok 💔

UPDATE: dsd is loving her new outpatient group. She is happier and healthier than we’ve seen here in so long and we are all so happy!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:08 AM
So, she doesn’t plan to use anymore?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:11 AM
That’s what she is saying and I do believe her, or want to believe her. I think she is most scared what the use has done to the baby so far.

Quoting Ted1242: So, she doesn’t plan to use anymore?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:18 AM
How scary.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:20 AM
It’s terrifying

Quoting Anonymous 2: How scary.
azboymommy07
by on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:21 AM
Can she live with you or go to a treatment center

Quoting Anonymous 1: My sd is 24 and just found out she is 2 and a half months pregnant...as excited as I am, we are all worried sick about this baby. Sd likes to party and has openly talked to me about some recreational drug use. Her and I are very close and she’s always been able to open up to me. After she showed me her sonogram picture, she broke down crying. She was so excited, as were we, so I was confused...she went on to tell dh and I that for the last few months she’s been drinking and doing cocaine and some even Xanax..I believe her when she says it isn’t an everyday thing and I know how excited she is to be a mother..we are all just terrified at this point for the baby’s health. I know she will get right for this child, at least I hope and will help make sure she does..I know how devastating this will be if something were to happen and i know the possibility of her losing the baby is high. I guess this is more of a venting post, but it’s some bittersweet scary news and we are just overwhelmed. Praying for the best I just hope they are both ok 💔
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:22 AM

If she uses and anyone finds out, she will be arrested.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:23 AM
I mean, if she doesn't do any more drugs, chances are the baby will be fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:24 AM
Yes, we are willing to help with whatever she needs as long as she is serious about staying clean and being a good mother.

Quoting azboymommy07: Can she live with you or go to a treatment center

Quoting Anonymous 1: My sd is 24 and just found out she is 2 and a half months pregnant...as excited as I am, we are all worried sick about this baby. Sd likes to party and has openly talked to me about some recreational drug use. Her and I are very close and she’s always been able to open up to me. After she showed me her sonogram picture, she broke down crying. She was so excited, as were we, so I was confused...she went on to tell dh and I that for the last few months she’s been drinking and doing cocaine and some even Xanax..I believe her when she says it isn’t an everyday thing and I know how excited she is to be a mother..we are all just terrified at this point for the baby’s health. I know she will get right for this child, at least I hope and will help make sure she does..I know how devastating this will be if something were to happen and i know the possibility of her losing the baby is high. I guess this is more of a venting post, but it’s some bittersweet scary news and we are just overwhelmed. Praying for the best I just hope they are both ok 💔
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:24 AM
Exactly

Quoting Anonymous 3:

If she uses and anyone finds out, she will be arrested.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:25 AM
That’s what the doctor told her too, but he obviously had to warn her what could happen so it s really getting to her.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I mean, if she doesn't do any more drugs, chances are the baby will be fine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)