Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He wants me to help more around the house

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 114 Replies
He has a good thing going.I work and make all the money he stays home.Our kids are school age.He does 95% of all household chores,most all child related duties and keeps up with our finances.

I work 12 hour days,so at the end of the week I just want to relax.He wants me to help with the household and cook dinner on Sundays.I feel that I shouldn't have to.I know I should be more involved with the kids and I'm going to work in that.

He doesn't want me to do much a few loads of laundry and a few other things,but damn I'm just beat.Maybe I could find someone to help him out.I'm sorry he feels over worked, but really I can't help him much.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:27 AM
6 moms liked this
You could, you just don’t want to.
mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:30 AM
2 moms liked this
I’m a sahm my husband works 10-12 hours a day sometimes 7 days a week. He’s still expect to help around the house when he is home. There is no slacking when it comes to our kids. Once he’s through the door he still has responsibilities for our home. Does that mean he deep cleans every week no but he’ll fold laundry if it needs to be folded or put it away. He cleans up the kitchen after dinner and helps the kids clear the table. He does bed time routine with our older three and I do it for my youngest. There’s no breaks when it comes to being a parent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:30 AM
3 moms liked this
Both parents contribute to the care of the house and the raising of the kids, job or not.
codysara
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:31 AM
I am the same as your husband.
Ask your self if he shows appreciation for you and what you do? Do you show him the same appreciation?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:32 AM
Yeah you absolutely should, you live there too.
VegetaPrincess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:33 AM
12 hour days how many days a week?
codysara
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this
If they agreed 1 parent contributes financially, so the other can stay home? That is both contributing right?

Quoting Anonymous 3: Both parents contribute to the care of the house and the raising of the kids, job or not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:34 AM
4 sometimes 5.

Quoting VegetaPrincess: 12 hour days how many days a week?
VegetaPrincess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:35 AM
2 moms liked this
Women on here are going to hate me for this. I'd tell him to get a job on my off hours and I'll start helping. Otherwise he can fuck himself.

Quoting Anonymous 1: 4 sometimes 5.

Quoting VegetaPrincess: 12 hour days how many days a week?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:36 AM
So hire someone
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)