Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Woke up with bad stomach pain. TMI.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I had diarrhea all day yesterday and puked once in the morning. No stomach pain.

Today I woke up and the top half of my stomach hurt really bad. I took a Gas-X but about 20ish minutes later I threw up.

It feels a little better since puking but not a lot.

Thoughts? What can I do?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:37 AM
Stay hydrated and if pain persists or gets worse go to the ER, could be appendix or gallbladder at that point. Odds are it’s gasteroenteritis which needs to run its course.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:39 AM
We have a bad case of norovirus going around
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:49 AM
I've had a stomach thing all weekend. It's been awful.

My TMI: I was feeling fine one minute and then suddenly felt very shaky and weak, and I had to use the toilet urgently. Explosive diarrhea, and horrible cramping. I had made it to the toilet in time but it was so bad I felt like I needed a shower... didn't quite feel like standing for one so I stumbled to the bathtub instead. Figured I'd take a "sitting down shower". I barely sat down and all of the sudden I started bleeding (vaginally), bright red blood with huge clots (by my standards). It was scary! I'm not sure how it happens, I realize the stomach and the uterus are two different things, but whenever I have one cramping, it seems to make the other cramp as well... and this stomach cramping was so intense, it was echoed just as intensely in my uterus I guess. I seriously NEVER bleed blood that red, and these were clots the size of a finger. Other than immediately after childbirth I've never passed any even close to fingerNAIL size before.

My point, I guess, is there seems to be a very nasty stomach bug going around. I hope you're feeling better soon. What kind of pain is it anyway? Is it cramping? Do you feel gassy? Soreness? Sharp pains? When in doubt you can always see a medical professional.
Friendly_Mom
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:58 AM
You need probiotics to rebuild your healthy digestive system’s flora (basically microorganisms that help you process the foods correctly). Kombucha, some kind of pickle liquid or plain kefir. If you cannot drink any of these, go to the pharmacy and buy probiotic pills.

Heartburn and gas medication might relieve the symptoms but won’t solve the problem.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)