Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Marriages

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 168 Replies

Anyone in a marriage where you and your spouse have only been married to each other? You don't have children from any other relationship. How long have you been married?

DH and I have been married 15 years. We have 2 children. We are very happy and I don't see that changing. We look forward to growing old together. I can't imagine my life without him. 

I feel that this is somewhat rare on this board. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:37 AM
DH and I have been married 7 years, first marriage for both of us, one child together and none with other people. I can’t speak for all of CM, but in our social circle, that’s the common arrangement by and large.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:37 AM

groombride

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:38 AM

Quoting Anonymous 2: DH and I have been married 7 years, first marriage for both of us, one child together and none with other people. I can’t speak for all of CM, but in our social circle, that’s the common arrangement by and large.

It isn't where I live. My kids are always talking about how different they are because we aren't divorced and they don't have to go back and forth between houses like their friends. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes one and only marriage here. No previous children with anyone else either and married 14 years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:40 AM
That’s unfortunate. Although it also sounds like we are younger than you, so it’s possible we will encounter more divorce and split families as we get older.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2: DH and I have been married 7 years, first marriage for both of us, one child together and none with other people. I can’t speak for all of CM, but in our social circle, that’s the common arrangement by and large.

It isn't where I live. My kids are always talking about how different they are because we aren't divorced and they don't have to go back and forth between houses like their friends. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:40 AM
Yes. 17 years - I figured it’s more common than the other way around though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:41 AM
Yep only married to each other only have kids together. We have been together almost 13 years married 3. Expecting our 4th kid in October
Manth
by on Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:41 AM
First marriage for both of us. We have two kids together, none outside the marriage. Last December was our 25th anniversary.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:43 AM

Quoting Manth: First marriage for both of us. We have two kids together, none outside the marriage. Last December was our 25th anniversary.

Congratulations on 25 years! Secret to a long, happy marriage? 

danie24
by on Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:44 AM
Yes.

Hubby and I have only been married to each other and all three of our kids were created by us :)

We've been together for 16+ years.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)