Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School Pick up/Drop off Line complaints...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
Pull all the way forward so more people can get in line. Don’t leave a huge space between you and the car in front of you.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2018 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 3:18 PM
1) kids need to get in/out on the curb side. Not street side.
2) if the driver needs to get out of the car for any reason, the drop off line is not the place for you. Park and walk up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 3:21 PM
It's completely stupid. It blocks every parking space in the parking lot, plus stops traffic out on the road. I don't need my kid to be brought to the car and shoved in at lightening speed, like she's a bag of fast food. I park elsewhere and walk.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 3:21 PM

I pull into a spot and let my kids out when I have to drop them off.

ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Mar. 19, 2018 at 3:22 PM

Our line is perfect, so glad my kids school isn't full of idiots! 

I hear these post on the community page all the time! Its common sense people

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Mar. 19, 2018 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually use the four way stop PROPERLY. 

Don't cut off those that have been waiting in line just because you decide to enter from the other side of the street.

STAY IN YOUR CAR in the pickup line, it's hug and GO, not hug and go INSIDE.

highlandmum
by Spunky on Mar. 19, 2018 at 3:24 PM

I have said this before and I will say it again a million times.  I am so glad we do not have these drop off lines they sound like way too much trouble.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate when people get in and then shut their car off. This is not a parking lot! It's drop off. Drop your kid off and GTFO of the way!

If you see me signaling to get out (and I have it) and you want to get in, pull in behind me--AKA take my spot. Do NOT speed up to cut me off and pull in in front of me!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Our drop off is pretty good....if you take longer than a minute, pull up further and put your hazard lights on. 

Pick up is an art form--there are 3 lines.  Pull up and then turn off your car while waiting.  The kids will be released and they find you.  Once all the kids in those cars are in their cars, the others (whose parents couldnt make it in the first wave) stand on the sidewalk against the building.  They then release the cars by lane.  Once those lanes are released, the 2nd wave comes in and forms 3 lines and starts over. 

SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 3:27 PM
Don't drive around and back in from the road. If you can't get there early enough you'll have to wait in line like everyone else.
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 3:29 PM
FOLLOW THE DAMN RULES!!! YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL, THE RULES ARE THERE FOR A DAMN REASON!!! You are putting MY child in danger by zipping around and not following procedure. I just had an issue this morning with someone almost hitting my son because she thought her day was more important and she didn't need to wait in the line with the rest of us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)