Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Post Op story- possible triggers for everything

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
So I had a hysterectomy on January 19th, removal of uterus and tubes. I had questions about the incision because the staples were off and when the nurse removed them them it didn't look good. On Feb 6th I was hurting so bad and had a funky smell so I went to ER. There they checked me for sepsis did a cat scan to make sure I had nothing left inside. They found a cyst on my right ovary the size of a lemon but it will go away, fine. They found a cyst on my kidney, have to see a couple urologist for that, fine. Then they found a hernia, again another Dr, fine. I went to the Dr on Feb 13th, my Dr says I have possible MRSA in my incision, he cut me in his office and drained what fluid would drain at the time. He set me up with a wound nurse and the next week I went to see her. At the nurse visit I was told the test came back and was positive for MRSA, given antibiotics and my fiance is shown how to pack and dress my incision. It's now March 19th and we're still packing and dressing this incision. My Dr is saying I need to slow down on the pain meds so I'm scared to death I'm just gonna be left with ibuprofen and a hole in my stomach.
Idk what to do, I cry every day. I can't go back to work (I'm a med aide). I can't do housework, not supposed to stand too long to cook, no laundry,no driving.
My fiance has been amazing through all of this. I feel terrible physically, mentally, emotionally. We've been together for 4.5 yrs. We got engaged just before Christmas and were supposed to be married in June, that's not happening.
I'm not an emotional person, I've many times been described as stoic. This is not me and idk what to do anymore. So her I am typing this out and crying my eyes out. I'm venting, I'm asking for advice, I'm just whatever!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2018 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2018 at 4:39 PM
Hello....somebody please?!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 4:54 PM
Hugs. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 4:56 PM

i'm glad you have a wonderful fiance! hope you heal quickly asap! hugs!

krazymom2boyz
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 4:57 PM
I'm so sorry! That sounds awful. I wish I had ant advice for you but I don't. I will just say that you'll be in my prayers and I so hope everything will be ok in the end.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 4:58 PM
Why did they do an open surgery?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:02 PM
To remove any and all endometriosis in hopes that it doesn't come back.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Why did they do an open surgery?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:04 PM
I had that do laparoscopically. No large incision needed.

Quoting Anonymous 1: To remove any and all endometriosis in hopes that it doesn't come back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:07 PM
Well apparently my Dr had a different opinion idk. It was done open and here I am.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I had that do laparoscopically. No large incision needed.

Quoting Anonymous 1: To remove any and all endometriosis in hopes that it doesn't come back.

Mammajamma365
by Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:20 PM

MRSA is going to cause a very, very long healing process. You need to be referred to a wound care center. Honestly, it could take months for the incision to fully close. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:25 PM
I know and idk what to do. It's tribal care.

Quoting Mammajamma365:

MRSA is going to cause a very, very long healing process. You need to be referred to a wound care center. Honestly, it could take months for the incision to fully close. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)